Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
This must be a hypothetical question since we all know cars don't rust in AZ, just like they don't rust in SoCal ;-)
OK - here is <span style="font-style: italic">my</span> take on it;
I treat floors and visible panels differently
Visible panels;
1) Wire brush down to clean metal in an area slightly larger than the rust spot.
2) Use a rust remover (carefully since you can mess up the still good paint)
3) Then use a rust converter that will take top coats
4) Top coat
Floors/frame (non visible sections)
5) Wire brush down to clean metal in an area slightly larger than the rust spot.
6) Use a rust remover (carefully since you can mess up the still good paint)
7) ZeroRust / POR15 / RustBullet / KBS
I personally have not had a good experience with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator over existing surface rust. The TR8 has been a rolling experiment and in my personal experience ZeroRust has performance much better than the Eastwood alternative. Now to be fair I'm about one formulation back on the Eastwood product (ie they claim to have changed it and made it better in the last 6 months) but still....
I've grown so found of ZeroRust that while I don't quite shower with it yet I am using it more and more and now use it increasingly on #3 as a primer since it takes paint just fine.
Lol. So what <span style="font-style: italic">do</span> you shower with to keep rust free??? Personally, I'm partial to Hoppes #9. Smells so good :wink:
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.