• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rumor has it that Jaybird bought a Triumph........

swift6

Yoda
Re: Rumor has it that Jaybird bought a Triumph....

Theres 'bickerin', then theres 'ribbin'. 'Ribbin' is usually done with a smile like this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif especially when your on someone elses turf.

Thus far its all been 'ribbin' as far as I'm concerned. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

[ QUOTE ]
Thus far its all been 'ribbin' as far as I'm concerned

[/ QUOTE ]

'Ribbin's' a better term...& that's why, when I 'rib', I always end with....hehehehehe

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag

And when Tony 'ribs' his hehehehehe reminds me of the dirty old man that was on Laugh In, Arte Johnson, that always got beaned with Ruth Buzzi's purse!

Consider this a purse Barnhill...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

swift6

Yoda

[ QUOTE ]
'Ribbin's' a better term...& that's why, when I 'rib', I always end with....hehehehehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe its just me Tony but whenever I see one of your hehehehehe's it makes me think of Scooby Doo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

So, to what should I change? I need something so folks'll know I'm ribbin'.

swift6

Yoda

Actually I thought that the Scooby Doo laugh worked pretty well.

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag

Nah, keep the 'hehehehehe' - I rather like visualizing you as Arte Johnson.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, keep the 'hehehehehe' - I rather like visualizing you as Arte Johnson.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Basil's "Great Pumpkin" avatar is a much closer likeness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Mickey

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag

~snort~

Barnhill, you gonna take that from Mickey? He didn't even add a 'hehehehehehe' on the end.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Janel - Mickey & I go waaaaaaaaaaay back - he's allowed much more than some will ever hope to attain!!

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag

I don't need to be allowed, I just take Arte. I mean Tony.

Basil

Administrator
Boss

[ QUOTE ]
A few years ago when I was a manager at a large electric utility, I had two employees that were rabid Ford/Chevy fans. One hated ford and loved Chevies, the other loved Fords and hated Chevies. Their bickering got so bad and so heated that I had a filing cabinet brought in and placed between them so they couldn't see each other. If they hadn't both been top notch emplyees otherwise, I probably would have fired them for their constant bickering.

I hope the bickering on this forum stays at good natured, all in fun ribbing.

Having owned both makes over the years, I have my opinion on which is the best, but the bottom line is: they are both good. In the next couple of years, I'm going to have to make a choice between the two, and it will be difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Dan,
I think both are great cars, although I've never owned an MG, I have driven them (my brother-in-law had a Midget) and know them to be very fun and sturdy little cars. Lots of B's in my local club too. Maybe someday I'll own an MG, but for now I have a Spitfire and love that little car. It is fun and handles great and its very easy to work on. I think what I like about the Spit is the Tilt-hood reminds me of my EType. Frankely I would not mind having both a Triumph AND an MG, but then the wife would probably leave me.

Basil

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Oh, now you know how to get rid of her, HEHEHEHEHHE

Basil

Administrator
Boss

[ QUOTE ]
And when Tony 'ribs' his hehehehehe reminds me of the dirty old man that was on Laugh In, Arte Johnson, that always got beaned with Ruth Buzzi's purse!

Consider this a purse Barnhill...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Play nice kids! (Or I'll send you both to timeout! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif )

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag

***THUD***
Basil is a RUMFY???????

*DOUBLE THUD*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Basil

Administrator
Boss

[ QUOTE ]
***THUD***
Basil is a RUMFY???????

*DOUBLE THUD*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but also an XKE. My point being, I like little British cars period. Despite my having a 67 EType, I don't look down my nose at any other LBC and still enjoy the Spit as well. They are both fun, just in different ways. Even my Daimler, which does 0-to-60-eventually, is a cool car, just not a fast car.

Basil

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag

Basil

Administrator
Boss

Nice! It will be interesting to see what it fetches.

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag

I'm not sure it's as nice as the exterior pictures make it out to be. Interior is trash, can't imagine the exterior being all that great, probably spidered at the very least. Chevy-powered, no under-bonnet pictures. IF it runs and runs decently, still a lot of money is going into restoring the interior and probably body (black is very unforgiving)

What's that car *worth* in good/very good condition?

I'm going to watch it too.