Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
You can get a box of asst grommets at Harbor Freight very reasonably. The plugs are not as easy........even @ .30-.75 each they are not expensive on the Roadster Factory sales. Add them to another order so you don't spend more on freight than the products! Well worthwhile to replace them while you put everything back together....never a better chance to make your car look "new" again.
Gordon
I had very good luck sourcing plugs and grommets from britishwiring.com
I found that they had the same size grommets for half what I was paying from other sources. They have a wide selection of sizes.
The generic grommets and plugs you find at places like HF, etc, might not hold up under the bonnet. As far as inexpensive, we got all of our from TRF, some under $1 each. The entire kit for the bulkhead is $14.
It appears to me that the $14 kit only includes the grommets, not any of the plugs. When I restored my TR3, I just bit the bullet and bought the complete kit...RFK1985. It includes everything including the steering column boot and the jack hole plugs in the floor...41 pieces altogether.
I bought TRF's bulkhed kit,and still need some plugs.Did not know rfk1985 was available,as it doesnt appear(unless I missed it) in the TR2-3 catalogs,but is apparently in the TR4-6 Catalogs.This is the kind of stuff that can make the TRF experience a little frustrating.
Tom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.