• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rt 66 trip begins!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Johnny from England arrives in Nashville prior to the Chicago to Los Angeles Rt 66 adventure -

Johnny in Nashville 23 September.jpg

Country flag
I've been in touch with Johhny and plan to connect with them at the beginning here in Chicago. :smile:

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Any road trip involving open roads is fantastic. I'll need to do some research on the Yellowstone Trail Highway but it's looking like we're heading in a Northern direction. Does Canada have their version of a transcontinental highway?

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Any road trip involving open roads is fantastic. I'll need to do some research on the Yellowstone Trail Highway but it's looking like we're heading in a Northern direction. Does Canada have their version of a transcontinental highway?

JP will add more, but start with the Trans-Canada Highway.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
JP will add more, but start with the Trans-Canada Highway.

We definitely do but we don't really have a comparable to something like Route 66. This partly because even though there are lots of very early communities in the maritimes and Quebec and even Ontario - when the country was surveyed, pretty much everything was done in squares meaning a lot of straight roads. The transcontinental is there but not super interesting in terms of turns or roadside attractions like Route 66. As well, due to a much smaller population there is big distance between communities. Obviously there is gorgeous scenery like the great lakes and the rockies - but the prairies - Let's just say you can fall asleep behind the wheel and keep going till you run out of gas.

In honour of Canadian topography, an ode or two.

and

Country flag
Matt Givertz drove his Morris Minor Albert to Mongolia and back! Doesn't get much more open road than that! :D

Country flag
Had the pleasure of meeting up with Jim and Johnny Saturday night. Great guys! Took them to a Chicago institution - Portillo's. Then we went back to the AirBnB they were staying at for a pint. Had hoped to drive out with them for a distance on Sunday but had other commitments. :confused: I did manage a cameo in their video on YouTube. :smile: That's me with the red Mini.

Will be fun to follow along on their adventure.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
mmmmm Portillo’s… good bit of American culture there!!
Surprisingly, there's a Portillo's here locally. Good food and plenty of it. Somewhere here I've photos of their grand opening.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
No fair! You get Portillos in Florida, but I don’t get In-n-Out anywhere in the east coast?!

Nothing like a good burger to derail the thread… sorry!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We even met up with Brer Mickey and his wife there a while back as they were running thru the area. A too-short visit but the food was good! :bananawave::cheers:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'd never even heard of Portillos before. We do have Whataburger though, and over in New Mexico they have Blake's Lottaburger, both good burger joints, and it is hard to beeat a Lottaburger green chili cheeseburger.