• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Roofmans wild ride across America at 115 KPH

roofman

Jedi Knight
Oops, the speedo is in KPM so that's only about 70 MPH.Well I fly into OaKlahoma City last Wed., looked over the car, sealed the deal and took off. Drove Wed. nite to just past Dallas to 1-20. Thur. I drove about 12 hours to just east of Birmingham Alabama. Meanwhile Thur. the area I drove through Wed. got 7 inches of snow. Thur. nite it pored rain big time, no sunroof leaks or other problems. Friday I drove through Altlanta onto Columbia South Carolina and on home to Summerville South Carolina.
I had no breakdowns.
I averaged 35 MPG.
I avoided all semi's.
I only had to add about 1/4 qt. oil at the 1/2 way point.
The car was mechanically flawless except wipers are very slow ( you can count to 14 during 1 pass of the wipers) and the radio sucks big time.
Every thing works, the car is surprisingly quick, comfortable, roomy inside, the sunroof is awesome and doesn't leak.
Sorry guys, no broke down stories in the mountains surrounded by Deliverence people, no got crushed by a 80,000 lb semi stories, and no fixed it with a toothpick and a coke can repairs in a hurricane stories. Just a nice pleasant 1264 mile ride in a Mini.
here are some pix.
https://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/roofmeister/?action=view&current=a399410e.pbw

BIBBER

Jedi Knight
roofman...what no POT HOLE CREWS, FOULED PLUGS, DID YOU HAVE TO BRIBE ANY OFFICIALS OR GET TO HELP ANY OLD LADIES....how bout any BASIL SHORT CUTS...glad you had a save trip...mini looks nice too. Now you just need to get that checkered flagging on the roof...

OP
roofman

roofman

Jedi Knight
Can't do the checkered flag, it has the webesto sunroof.

V

vagt6

Ain't it fun!

There's nothing like a good road trip in an LBC! Glad you made it in one piece. :crazyeyes:

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
What a stylish LBC! Enjoy in good health! We'll keep the Triumph forum warm for your return.....

dklawson

Yoda
I knew you'd have no problems. The car looks like a gem.

Enjoy the addition to your life!

Kensai

Looks like a great Mini. Always sad to see a Triumph go though. Had to sell a Stag to buy an Elf myself.

OP
roofman

roofman

Jedi Knight
Believe me I really did not want to sell thr TR6, but wifey is content with 1 toy car, not 2 ( I have tried) and if momma ain't happy............

bcliff

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The "new" Mini addition to my family will be here this week. No wild ride stories, but it did have a long boat ride from New Zealand, and is currently on its way to Colorado on a truck. The 8 block trip from where the truck unloads to the driveway will be long enough for its first trip.
Bruce

TR674

Jedi Warrior
Roofy
a very tidy looking Mini you have there.
I would like to see anyone do that trip in a TR6 without a full breakdown crew, a couple of flat bed tow trucks and a nurse..
Regards
Craig

T

Tinster

Wow Roofy!!!

Nice looking car indeed. Very happy for you the road trip
was so much fun. I guess old Pedro never made it to the wild west!

You just drove more miles, without breakdown, than I've been
able to accomplish in my Six in over two years of ownership.

If ya wanna swap the Mini back into a Six, I'll pay barge
shipping for both cars !!

have a blast Roofman!!

Dale and Amos

Country flag
Unless you can "convince" the S.O. (Significant Other) it was HER idea to get another one..... :smile:

bcliff

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Since I have been driving my Elf for a year now, my wife has been sort of lukewarm to the idea of having her own mini. NOW, hers is on a truck and should be here this week, she can't wait. "When is MY mini going to get here?", like a kid just before Christmas. She has been looking at seat covers, floor mats and all sorts of "decorations" for it. I'm pretty excited too.
This is it emerging from its boat ride.
Just get them to think it is their idea!
Bruce
72Mini.jpg

OP
roofman

roofman

Jedi Knight
The problem with owning the Mini is she likes it TOO MUCH. Wants to take it to work. Maybe I can pull off the 2 car thing after all? Time will tell, once the 2 boys get through college we plan on moving out to the country and will ahve more room. 5 cars at the house now so......

Hedgehog

Jedi Hopeful
Roofy, nice looking Mini. Keep working the wife for another toy. I just bought my wife a 67 Cooper S project. She can't wait to go buzzing around town in it when it's completed.

Ok confession time...2nd wife more TOY friendly than the first. Best trade I ever made. :banana:

Country flag
When I first read that, I read it as 2nd wife similar to 2nd toy.....had to re-read that! LoL

OP
roofman

roofman

Jedi Knight
Hey the more the merrier.