• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Robin - to the ummm Batmobugeye!

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Titled as a '69. I guess that means somewhere along the line it started off as a square Sprite. Taillights look like they came off a late-50s or early 60s Chrysler?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Egad. Fun, but I'd put that one back in the cave.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Titled as a '69. I guess that means somewhere along the line it started off as a square Sprite. Taillights look like they came off a late-50s or early 60s Chrysler?

windshield is later - vent windows - and, curiously seats seem from a rubber bumper

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I have the vent windows on my '69 -- but the three windshield wipers that the '69 has are conspicuously absent. Agreed that the seats look like a later Midget.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
And, on the Yahoo group that originally posted the link came the observation - looks like the love child of a Daimler Dart & a Bugeye! :p

nomad

Yoda
It has the Mk2 midget Mk3 sprite top attachment. [Stowable] Hodge podge of lots of spridgets!

For what its supposed to be, I think its quite well done!:rolleyes2: Barris would be proud!

Kurt.

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I kind of like it. I was just talking with my next door neighbor about cars....I drove the Bugeye yesterday and today I took out my 1970 Datsun roadster. We were talking about the roadster and I mentioned it has a Ford 289 in it and he said he has a friend with a Batmobile Sprite.....the very one in the eBay ad. Small world.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Anyone notice the Bat Camino in the background? If Gotham City was located in the South, I'd imagine that's what the Batmobile would look like. "Quick, Robin-Bob! To the Bat Camino! Time for a beer run!"

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
"Holy Bugeye Batman!" - "This must be the work of the Joker".

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
'61 Chrysler New Yorker Wagon.

chrysler-new-yorker-wagon-01.jpg