• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Road Tools

BritKLR

Freshman Member
TR-6 owners.

I'm getting ready to pull our TR-6 out of 8 years of storage and start doing some long road trips. Curious what core tools other TR-6 owners have found useful and keep in the car for roadside repairs. Thanks!

Attachments

• D4DF86C6-AFA5-496F-9A26-1806C2877016.jpg
    D4DF86C6-AFA5-496F-9A26-1806C2877016.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 85
  • E6BCD03C-AA91-44CC-8331-BAC5D375D26C.jpg
    E6BCD03C-AA91-44CC-8331-BAC5D375D26C.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 475B2C9E-B320-427B-9059-D7BACF9636B8.jpg
    475B2C9E-B320-427B-9059-D7BACF9636B8.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 89

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I would guess you also have a socket set with small ext. I had a universal joint go on my rear half shaft (TR 6 ) in light rain 400 miles from home so a tarp for that or to lay on the ground. Parts also Fuel filter, fuel pump or kit for same, sealer for radiator, coil. antifreeze, Carb diaphragm, fan belt. ( lost the heater hose under the glove box ) bypassed and replaced fluid. You have all stock wheels and spare. One group trip another had after market wheels and a stock spare, lug nuts were different when they got a flat I had extra nuts saved the day. You say your car has been parked for years. My TR has run from Canada to Mexico boarder most Western States and parks. NOTE my car has been on the road for 25 years with many long trips. I live in Reno NV so half way to any where on the West Coast. Just a question or two 1-- how old are your tires if over six most tire shops will not fix it. I was in Utah in the early fall I needed starting fluid at below 30 deg in AM so jumper cables and a good flash light I added a cig lighter for a USB plug outlet charge phones GPS etc. 2 - how old is your battery 3 - do you have spare keys 4 - TR gas tanks hold 12 1/2 gal and about 225 miles max safely. Most all I have said goes around the spare tire. It is a great road car have a safe trip. Madflyer

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I am surprised no other input. As a aircraft guy we always carry Flight line, Prop wash and some air spare and a leak can you never know when when you need a leak. Just keeping it light drive safe and stay safe.
Welcome to the BLOG Madflyer

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I am surprised no other input. As a aircraft guy we always carry Flight line, Prop wash and some air spare and a leak can you never know when when you need a leak. Just keeping it light drive safe and stay safe.
Welcome to the BLOG Madflyer

Agreed; however the post might get more traction in the Triumph forum, as the question is specific to a TR.

Also, there was a good discussion a while back: https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?54658-TR-6-Travel-Toolkit-and-Spare-Parts

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
P.S. I envy European road trips: driving the same distance as Boston to Miami in Europe, you cover fjords to tropics (Sweden to Italy)! And there are some glorious mountains between; not to mention a variety of delicious cuisines!

Ah, the benefit of the Gulf Stream!

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Don't forget spare points & condenser, maybe a coil as well. Lug wrench and jack & fan belt for sure. Spare quart of oil as well if it burns oil - and they all do a bit anyway.