• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Road America in September

MadMarx

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Flight is booked, all is prepared for my first visit of the USA.
I'm also on a Triumph car for racing....will be fun.

Chris

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Chris -

That's Awesome! I traveled to Road America last fall for the ELVF and enjoyed it immensely. The track, in my opinion may be the best in the US.
The people, facilities, and surrounding area are wonderful. I think it really is our Nurinburgring. I'm going back in 2014, but have a few Triumph friends traveling back this year. I think Tony Garmey is bringing the TR250K special back to repeat this Triumph victory from Road Atlanta .....

Here's a great video from Tony Drews, a local Triumph racer in a TR4, we have a nice dice together. I didn't realize we were on the last lap and thought I had another lap to get him back. It was my first time to RA and I was still getting familiar with the 4-mile course....

Monkeywrench

Jedi Trainee
Tony Garmey is going to have his hands full with Pat Ryan's Spitfire. He turned a 2:42 a month ago in vintage trim.

Hopefully Dick Stockton gets his car together and some seat time in time for Road America. He's another one that can hang with the TR250K with 2 less cylinders.

Both drivers would have been right there with the 250K at Road Atlanta if they didn't break.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Tony Garmey is going to have his hands full with Pat Ryan's Spitfire. He turned a 2:42 a month ago in vintage trim.

Hopefully Dick Stockton gets his car together and some seat time in time for Road America. He's another one that can hang with the TR250K with 2 less cylinders.

Both drivers would have been right there with the 250K at Road Atlanta if they didn't break.

If they didn't break.....That's all part of racing. Making in right in the garage and managing the equipment on the track to finish.

VelodromeRacer

Jedi Trainee
Tony and I just had a great battle at Grattan racing last weekend..He is a great guy and driver! I am on the board of VSCDA and we put on the ELVF..I will miss it this year, but you guys have fun!! If I can assist with anything-Let me know.

OP
MadMarx

MadMarx

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That would be great fun to chase the 250K (if possible). I don't know if I'm in the K-Cup race. Depends on the car owners which races they would like to share.
But as I know my self I wouldn't do too bad after getting familiar with the track layout.

Next weekend I'm on a track I've never been before - Donington Park in England. Should be fun either.

Monkeywrench

Jedi Trainee
That would be great fun to chase the 250K (if possible). I don't know if I'm in the K-Cup race. Depends on the car owners which races they would like to share.
But as I know my self I wouldn't do too bad after getting familiar with the track layout.

Next weekend I'm on a track I've never been before - Donington Park in England. Should be fun either.

Chris,

I think you're going to be pretty impressed with how fast some of the American cars are. I don't know of any fast TR4s showing up, but Pat Ryan's Spitfire is a rocket. Also take note to how fast some of our 356 Porsches are here in the States.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Tony Garmey will have the Triumph 250K ready for the ELVF. I spoke to him last week while we were both competing in the Rolex Monterey Histoirc Reunion. Tony bought the car down to display at the Pebble Beach Concours. He raced their '62 #15 Corvette in our 3A grid and beat Rob Walton's (Walmart) 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB light weight Berlinetta by over a second for the win.

I lost 3rd gear a lap into the feature after passing 4 cars and had to watch from the sideline after that. No sour grapes, we all had a great time throughout the week. Laguna Seca's an awesome track and the event is very well run.

IMG_0397.jpgIMG_0399.jpgIMG_0366.jpgCork screw.jpg

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Doug, it was great meeting you and spending some time together on Friday. You've got a beautiful car there! Too bad about your 3rd gear. I saw the results and wondered what happened.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
Too bad indeed about your third gear! I watched from the top of turn one as you slowed to a stop. You certainly have a fine auto. Thank you for taking the time to talk with me and letting me peruse your car in my bid to reinvigorate my interest in my own project. Success in your future endeavors, Roby [elrey]

Last edited:

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Too bad indeed about your third gear! I watched from the top of turn one as you slowed to a stop. You certainly have a fine auto. Thank you for taking the time to talk with me and letting me peruse your car in my bid to reinvigorate my interest in my own project. You are truly fortunate to have such a personable family, my greetings to them as well. Success in your future endeavors, Roby [elrey]

Thank you so much for the kind words Roby. It was wonderful meeting all the Healey fans that stopped by our pits. We really enjoyed our trip to the Historics and will be back faster and stronger. Good luck on finishing your car.

Here's how the final race looked from the drivers seat.... waaaaaay to short:

design

Freshman Member
Elkart has always been a great place to go. The vintage era is like a second childhood for those of us that were there in the 1960s. Lots of neat people to visit with.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
!'ll be making a return trip to RA for this years ELVF.....

'57 AH  Main Straight.jpg

OP
MadMarx

MadMarx

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My racing schedule will be quite busy this year.
I have the choice of 7 race cars.
TR4, IMSA TR8, Ford GT40 '65, Ford GT40 '66, Ford GT40 '69, E-Type lightweight, Bizzarini.
Hope this fits in one persons life.
Not to make you nervous: Only the first two I own, the other 5 I get lent for racing.

;)

Cheers
Chris