• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Reproduction Shrouds

Hangtown Healey

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Anyone bought a new front shroud for a big Healey? I presume AH Spares is the only supplier. Does it fit, or is massaging needed?

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I bought just the front portion and had an expert metal fabricator mount it to my existing damage shroud. The finished shroud fit well and I'm happy with the results.
'57 Repair Shroud Front.jpg
'57 Shroud Repair .jpg
'57 Rebuild on Lift.jpg
SVRA-LK #1.jpg

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Depending how damaged your existing shroud is I would do repairs before replacement .
My experiences with AH Spares alluminum panels were extensive and expensive
> Tri-Carb Project <
The shipping costs will be horrific for a shroud I would think . Imagine buying a new shroud paying all the shipping costs then having to cut and modify it to fit your car .

Dougie question about your scuttle scoop . My Tri Carb has one and will be going to the paint shop soon .
How does the screen in the scuttle scoop stay in place ,how is it secured to the scoop ?
Do you have a pic of it removed from the car pls .

Attachments

• E100F536-E36B-49DB-9789-1E024C3172AC.jpeg
    E100F536-E36B-49DB-9789-1E024C3172AC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

BoyRacer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
If anyone is interested, I have a factory BMC, or should I say Jenson, NOS front shroud lower replacement panel. I don't have ready access to it right now but I can post a photo later if anyone is interested in buying it.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Depending how damaged your existing shroud is I would do repairs before replacement .
My experiences with AH Spares alluminum panels were extensive and expensive
> Tri-Carb Project <
The shipping costs will be horrific for a shroud I would think . Imagine buying a new shroud paying all the shipping costs then having to cut and modify it to fit your car .

Dougie question about your scuttle scoop . My Tri Carb has one and will be going to the paint shop soon .
How does the screen in the scuttle scoop stay in place ,how is it secured to the scoop ?
Do you have a pic of it removed from the car pls .
Here's some photos that might help. There's a chrome surround and a lower chrome piece that the chrome "screen" is anchored tight by two screws in the side on the unit.
Shroud vent 1.jpg

Shroud vent 2.jpg

Shroud vent 3.jpg

Shroud vent 4.jpg

OP
Hangtown Healey

Hangtown Healey

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Thanks, Dougie, I have been leaning towards that nose like yours rather than the whole shroud, but thought maybe the upper fender curves might not match. I am glad you are satisfied with the mating.

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
where is the damage on the shroud. i have one that is damaged on the front of the passenger side. the drivers side looks okay if i remember correctly. there was lots of filler in that side of the shroud so i replaced it.

Attachments

• Resized_20200206_112818.jpeg
    Resized_20200206_112818.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 46
OP
Hangtown Healey

Hangtown Healey

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
between headlights and grill on bothsides. and a cave in below the grill. The headlights are at different heights.

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
well i was hoping that it might be of use as i am about to carry it to the recycling center. i have no use for it.