• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Reports of smilies / emojis appearing "split"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Had a report that some emojis / smilies are appearing split, with part of the original emojis and part of another showing. I'm not seeing this, but here is a screen shot from a member who is seeing this on a MacBook with Safari. Notice how the devil emojis is cut off and part of the alien emoji is above it?

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 9.19.30 AM.jpeg

I'm going to post a sampling of emojis and would appreciate if you are seeing any of them split like this, please reply with which numbers appear split. IF YOU ARE NOT SEEING THIS SPLITTING PLEASE DON'T REPLY TO THIS THREAD. I Only need anyone seeing this weirdness to reply to to keep things uncluttered, thanks)

1. :devilish:

2. :alien:

3. :ninja:

4. :poop:

5. (y)

6. 🀑

7. 🀠

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Here's a screenshot of your post above. Numbers 1-5 are "split" on my screen.
Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 2.14.59 PM.png

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Wondering if anyone else having same issue. Definitely weird.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hmm, now I'm seeng the split emojis but only on my MacBook. On the iMac and iPhone they look fine. This is berry berry strange.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Ok, per a conversation with Elliot I think at least I know what the conditions are that cause it and possibly how to solve it so will close this thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.