• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Replacement Interior Recommendation

BG 62AH

Country flag
Guys, I would really appreciate any recommendations on a vendor for an interior for my BJ7. The interior will be black with white piping. I am considering AH Spares, Moss, or Sport & Classics. I would like Heritage, but just can't fit it into the budget.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to keep you feedback private or confidential.

One of my biggest concerns is that the BJ7's are leather face seats, and the door/trim panels are vinyl. How well will the color tone and grain match? Black should be easier than most colors, but....

Any opinion or advice for this phase of my project would really help.

Thank you

Bill

rjc157

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
all I can say is that since your in Jersey you can drive to Sports&Classics and see John your still looking around 2500

rjc157

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I forgot Moss is having a 30% off sale that might interest you they make their own in their upholstery shop

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It's been a while since I bought my front seat kit and don't even remember where it came from, so can't really offer any current advice what the present offerings are like. Just wanted to let you know, though, that Moss has a 30% off sale on upholstery until 5/9. If you go through a Moss distributor (I'm a big fan of www.lbcarco.com) you can knock some more money from dealing with Moss direct. That's a hunk of change on a big ticket item like this.

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I just heard about the Little British Car Company that seems to have lower prices than Moss. Might want to take a look there.

Bob_Spidell

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I just heard about the Little British Car Company that seems to have lower prices than Moss. Might want to take a look there.

One other thing to consider: if you spend a lump at Moss--forgot the threshold but a complete upholstery kit will do it--you get a 10% discount on all your orders for the next year. If you're doing a resto this could be worthwhile.

We got the works for our BN2 at their last sale. So far, the only issues were a missing piece of padding that they replaced gratis--email didn't work; took a phone call--and the carpet piece for the transmission tunnel came up a wee bit short (I was able to stretch it out to mostly cover the metal). Everything else looks good, but they cut everything pretty close.

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I purchased vinyl seat covers from Sports and Classics 30 years ago and everything held up well and still looks good. I'm just beginning a restoration and will go down and look at the Moss products since I live about 50 miles from them. Not sure if I will opt for the completed panels or do my own like I did 30 years ago.

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Bill,
Your timing is good with the Moss sale right now as an interior kit would get you free shipping in addition to the 10% for the next year as mentioned by Bob. As he mentioned too, Moss tends to cut their kits very close or very tight as far as extra vinyl/leather. For a professional trimmer, maybe not as big of an issue but for us amateurs, we need that extra vinyl or leather to be able to grab hold of something when you go to pull things tight, work the seams, etc. I have used Moss kits on several Healey's and they make a good kit but that extra cutting to save yardage can be a problem. I have also used AH Spares and John Skinner from UK and they also make an excellent product. Used Skinner on my 100M and very pleased with the quality of the leather and color match of the vinyl. Best door cards of any I have ever used including Heritage. I would suggest checking on their current pricing and compare to Moss. Their regular pricing seems to always be less than Moss even with the current exchange rate factored in. The shipping can be expensive but you being on the East coast will help with that. I would contact both vendors and see if they will do anything to match Moss's sale discount but if not you can probably get a good estimate for shipping charges prior to placing an order if you request it up front. IMHO, I would go with John Skinner if their pricing was close to the Moss discounted pricing. Take the sale away and no question I would go with Skinner over Moss with AH Spares a close second.
Regards,
Mike

PS - I still think Moss is a great vendor and use them all the time for about everything else except interior bits !

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Guys, I would really appreciate any recommendations on a vendor for an interior for my BJ7. The interior will be black with white piping. I am considering AH Spares, Moss, or Sport & Classics. I would like Heritage, but just can't fit it into the budget.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to keep you feedback private or confidential.

One of my biggest concerns is that the BJ7's are leather face seats, and the door/trim panels are vinyl. How well will the color tone and grain match? Black should be easier than most colors, but....

Any opinion or advice for this phase of my project would really help.

Thank you

Bill
I'm in the process of finishing up my Heritage Interior installation and any interior you buy whether it be inexpensive or high priced the final look will be what's seen and it will need to be installed/fitted accordingly to achieve the best look. There's a significant amount of work involved in installing an interior in a Healey and it helps to have the needed skills to do it. I had Heritage install the seat covers on my front & rear seats because of that reason and I'm really glad I did. There's "lot's" of tricks to getting an Interior to look great and if you can find a local shop to take care of your seats that may be a good thing. The MOSS video is also a good resource and "where to start first" is very important. Also see the posts on "floor carpet" that's currently on the Healey Forum.

andrewss

Jedi Hopeful
Bill,

I have fitted probably 20 interiors for clients ranging from Heritage, AH Spares, Moss and others. In my opinion quality versus price then look at the following www.john-skinner.co.uk I've been impressed by the quality, consistency of color and more importantly the fit. Don't ever forget that you get what you pay for !! Heritage are the best..

Regards,

Andrew
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.498039)]

[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.498039)][/COLOR]

OP
B

BG 62AH

Country flag
I really appreciate all of this input, time to weigh it out. Thank you all!