• Hi Guest - Welcome to the New BCF!! Welcome to the new (as of 2/22/21) British Car Forum. For help navigating this platform, see: This forum
  • Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

Replaced Telluride Reverse lights w/ LEDs

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I love my new Telluride, but one small thing that bugged me were the reverse lights. There is a backup camera in the car, but with the original reverse lights I could barely see at night when backing up.

I just replaced the incandescent bulbs in the reverse lights with LED replacements and man, what a difference. While not blindingly bright, they are noticeably better. Now I can see where I'm going with the rear camera backing up in my driveway at night.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Good to know. I'm actually surprised the Telluride didn't already have LED reverse lights! Was it a simple "old one out, new one in"? or did you have to modify any wiring and circuits, etc.?

Think I might do the same with my 2020 Altima.

:encouragement:

Tom M.

LarryK

Darth Vader
Gold
Wow, new car and replacing things already! :applause:

(Like I never did that)

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Good to know. I'm actually surprised the Telluride didn't already have LED reverse lights! Was it a simple "old one out, new one in"? or did you have to modify any wiring and circuits, etc.?

Think I might do the same with my 2020 Altima.

:encouragement:

Tom M.

It wan't too bad. I had to remove the interior rear hatch panel (not completely) to access the lamps. Once I got that panel lose, then I just had to reach up (a bit of a chore) to twist out the old lamps. The LED bulbs are a perfect one-to-one replacement.

Fortunately, as with just about any task these days, someone made a video:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
On my list for the RAV4 along w the interior overhead lights.

My interior lights, while not LED, seem to be adequately bright. Some people have changed them anyway though. The reverse lights were really a necessity as my driveway isn't a straight shot and it was hard to see where things were when backing out at night. These LEDs have made a world of difference.