• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Reid gave me an early Christmas present...

Country flag
... and for that, I thank you!

The picture of DMH that graces the center of the leading page, Marque Matters, Healey Marque Magazine, November 2018, though contributed by Jim Lesher, was actually taken by the late Ray Caivano at a Bend, Oregon Rendezvous in 1977.

I have long cherished the original 8x10 framed print that Ray gave me when I bought BN6L/942, that Donald has his hand on.

i.php

It's hardly the calendar page that you gave my neighbor, Wayne Boudreaux, but I'm not too proud to take scraps where Healey recognition is concerned.

Here's Wayne bending my ear a couple weeks ago in Safety Harbour. This marks the THIRD TIME that BN6L/942 took 1st Place, 100/6 Category (2014, 2016 & 2018)! I think DMH would approve of my car nowadays, Gerry Coker sure did :smile:

20181029003215-eb062187-me.jpg

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Randy, I used to work with Wayne. Just for a few decades though!

Jerry
PS: I love the color of your car!

Joe Schlosser

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
great color, what is it??

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
Wow, Randy! How cool is that? I didn’t know about that little bit of Healey history.
Lin

CraigC

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Randy, that's a great pic! Ray certainly did a good job with a camera.

The picture was not taken in Bend, Oregon, though. In 1977, the annual West Coast Healey Meet was in Eugene, Oregon. Based on the surroundings, I'd say that was the day of the picnic, Sunday if I recall.

The WCHM in Bend was in 1979. That year we had Geoff Healey and his family as guests.

Here are couple pics from the same day as the pic of DMH with your car.......

DMH_Eugene.JPG
DMH_Di_Eugene.JPG

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
Thanks, but I should be excused on the accuracy of the details__I wasn't there, and still months away from becoming a Healey owner myself.

(I could've swore he said "Bend"...)

But I DO KNOW, that's the back of Lou Busch's (sp?) head, and Kevin Faughan (sp?). The girl I didn't know__or don't remember. Once I got the Healey in April '78, I did participate in numerous Pacific Centre events.

attachment.php

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
Randy, I used to work with Wayne. Just for a few decades though!

Jerry
PS: I love the color of your car!
Thanks!

great color, what is it??
PORSCHE Wine Red! An early 70's 911 color. And yes, even people that could care less about will compliment on the color.

Very nice, Randy. All Reid ever gives me is grief. Oh, the burden of a Marque​ columnist!
Yes, I could see that ;)

Wow, Randy! How cool is that? I didn’t know about that little bit of Healey history.
Lin
Wait until you get to know me better, all kinds of little tidbits will slip out__some of them might even be true!

CraigC

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I knew you weren't there, but figured you would appreciate the correction. The woman talking with DMH is Kevin's wife, Agnes.

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It's a great shot of DMH with the BN6. Good thing it has side exhaust or the person who parked the car would have dinged the pipe tips against the concrete parking barrier.

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
It's a great shot of DMH with the BN6. Good thing it has side exhaust or the person who parked the car would have dinged the pipe tips against the concrete parking barrier.
Those tips would trip me up at the most inopportune times__like when on a date! I hope Donald stayed clear of them ;)

And Craig, I do appreciate the correction. I'd seen Agnes on numerous occasions, but that's not her most flattering picture__or maybe it's the hair (she wore it longer by the time I'd met her) or the bib-overalls...? In any case, I wonder where they are now? Lou's gone, Ray's gone, DMH gone.

CraigC

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Randy, from a quick Google search it looks like they are still in Oakland.
As for the picture, I was just trying to get all of them in one shot-- film was expensive for starving student. If I recall, that was actually a dress, not overalls but hard to tell from the pic and DMH looks cold. The weather for that weekend was rainy and cool.