Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Braided lines will last twice as long but I still recommend replacing them every 10 years.
If you do go with stainless braided, make sure they are Goodridge (brand), do NOT settle for some cheap chinese copy. Your life is not worth it.
Just so people know, braided brake flex line are high pressure teflon with a outer braided covering, Aeroquip, Russell and Goodridge all good names. The deal is they hold pressure better than the rubber stuff, so while maybe considered bling by some folks, actually they hold the pressure better and give better braking/harder pedal feel to the calipers/wheel cylinders than rubber and do not dry rot like rubber. hey the factory would done it, had they not been so cheap
I did NOT mean to imply they were strictly bling, Hap. Merely that unless the car is to be used hot-n-heavy all the time, the extra bit o' lolly they cost may be better spent on other stuff.
I just consider Aeroquip and equivalent to be overkill on street cars. And I wouldn't bother with anything "braided" that wasn't Aeroquip or certified A/N spec.
Terry, I had one go bad on the "B" and started to leak. Even though the outer braid is good and the rubber is not leaking, it will eventually crack. If yours are the original lines and their 50 years old, your very lucky that they haven't gone bad already, I'd be very cautious about trusting them. I also had the braided fuel suction line between the fuel pump and the tank go bad.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] Iam not really worried about the rubber hoses going bad, since the steel lines are rusted full of pin holes.
[/QUOTE]
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.