Concerning the 1500 MG Midget, I hear talk that it hascooling problems (runs to hot) and people recommend using an oil cooler (to cool the oil and hold a better oil pressure). In connection with this I have seen it saidthat the design is poor which causes this issue of running hot.
I have never seen anyone say WHY the 1500 has coolingproblems. Does anyone have a good engineering/mechanical explanation ofwhy the 1500 has cooling problems?
My only thought is that ones with cooling problems havean old radiator that doesn't eject heat well (as opposed to a new/cleanradiator) and/or have tuning problems with timing and/or carb which isproducing to much heat at combustion.
Any thoughts or solid explanation on this?
I have never seen anyone say WHY the 1500 has coolingproblems. Does anyone have a good engineering/mechanical explanation ofwhy the 1500 has cooling problems?
My only thought is that ones with cooling problems havean old radiator that doesn't eject heat well (as opposed to a new/cleanradiator) and/or have tuning problems with timing and/or carb which isproducing to much heat at combustion.
Any thoughts or solid explanation on this?
Hey Guest!

O.K, the round thing, right. The back part is the half that is on the distributor side. The front is the other side. It it plugs onto the front, it's advance; the rear, retard.