• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rearended in TVR Vixen

Tullamore

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Last week I was rear ended in my Vixen S2 by a minivan when I was stopped at a stop light.

Does anyone know a company that sells parts for Vixens, in particular I need the taillights and the rear badges. Thanks!

OP
Tullamore

Tullamore

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
This is what my car used to look like and I hope it will again:

IMG_0757.jpg

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Been rear ended twice at stop lights. These people should lose their license for a year.

Best of luck getting parts and make them pay for it.

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Ouch, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Did you try the TVR car club (TVRCCNA)? Contact them and someone in the club might be able to help. Good luck and keep posting w/ updates.

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
I gotta believe there is someone in the TVR car club that can help you x-ref the parts you need (or sell spares). Marshall Moore was selling parts, hopefully he'll chime in w/ some answers.

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Any update, did you find your parts?? Will your insurance cover the costs??

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I will ~never~ understand why that happens so often. Had it occurr to my Elan many years ago. Caddy ran a stop sign, made a right turn in a residential area (25 MPH) and managed to chuff me in the butt hard enuff to deform the fuel tank, trash the decklid and mash up the tail lamps. Rectal-Cranial Inversion about covers it. I was under the impression the Caddy driver was on a noon tryst mission at the Holiday Inn a block away. He grudgingly paid, without insurance company or LEO involvement. All really hush-hush.

OP
Tullamore

Tullamore

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I just saw the car at the body shop today. The good new is the got the lights ordered and they were able to remove all the badges from the car. The TVR and S2 badges came off fine but the Vixen badge is no longer perfect. So at the least I can reuse my old badges, but if I can source the Vixen badge the car will be able to return the way it was before the accident.

Oh btw the fuel tank is the next thing behind the body work and now it of course has a dent in it. Doesn't leak and we were thinking of leaving it alone. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Looks like a real pain to take out and repair.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
If there's no leak and there's no deformation to intrude into the "storage area" my opinion is to leave it alone.

The Elan tank was so deformed it raised the 1/4" plywood faux trunk base about an inch.

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
I'm w/ doc on this, I'd leave it alone. It does look like a royal pain to remove. Just check all your venting as you'll get "fumed out" if anything is cracked or leaking.
I never shared w/ my wife that the fuel tank was right behind us in the cockpit...some things are best left to the unknown!!!!!!