Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
John,
According to my memory, which seems to be getting ever shorter, there were no washers. I'll browse through my pictures to see if I can confirm that.
Tom
I never had any flat washers under the truss-head screws inside the rain trough holding the rear fenders onto the tub in my 1958 TR3A which I bought brand new. If you think about it, the outside diameter of a flat washer for a 1/4 28 UNF bolt or screw is the same diameter as the OD of the truss-head screw.
I found that there were no flat washers for this on the late (TS 81551 L) TR3A I restored from 1999 to 2006.
The screws inside the rain trough of my 58 TR3A have no washers. The screws look original and do not seem to have been disturbed or removed over the years.
Thanks to all. I asked because I've got the clearance issues Randall is referring to when I use washers...I think getting rid of them will "clear it up" nicely...
I yield - don't remember from my restoration, and was going with the catalog information. Interesting that all three of the usual suspects show washers included in the fitting kits.
Mickey - I believe that if you look closely at your Moss reference that those washers are called for on the three fender bolts located vetically down below the rear tail lights and down the wheel arch towards the stone guards. But they are not specified for the truss-head screws.
One of the TRF mini-catalogs explains that they don't believe the factory used washers on those screws; but that they are included in the kit because they are listed in the SPC.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.