• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

rear axle search for 79 Midget

R

Randi

I have had the fatal axle snap- I had 3 parts cars but all are different my Midget is a bolt on wheel. 4 lug . Rear brakes are DRUM front are disc. British Victoria and Moss say they haven't got my axle?????????? Does anyone have a used axle that will fit my car? Or can you tell me where to look?HELP HELP HELP Randi

screenprinter

Jedi Trainee
Google SCCA Sprite or Midget in Louisianna - mybe you can find a racer type with some spares - they're like pack rats and heroin addicts combined - they can't live without their racing fix, so they squirrel away spares like they aren't making them any more ( Come to think of it, they aren't)

Next thing is to look in the Yellow pages under used auto parts - Concentrate on the ads that say they carry foreign parts and start calling - All of these guys are in bed together and hooked up to a nationwide network of junk dealers, used to be teletype, now it's internet - somebody should be able to locate an axle for you.

Other than that, just don't panic - I'll bet your ten dollars to a bent hatpin that somebody on this forum will come up with an axle for you at a reasonable price.

Best of luck to you Randi...

Bob M.

P.S. the forum has many members in the UK - just look at their Avatars - maybe a judicious email to one of them would widen the pool of possibilities - Jolly Old England must be swamped to drowning in Spridget bits!

OP
R

Randi

Thank you- I'm a bit paniced- I have 3 darn cars and they are all different.It came out so easily now no part?P.S. We are a junk yard and I'm networking like crazy- but I really do help people find what they need(cheap) if possible & for old car or Brits my services are free! Randi

OP
R

Randi

I just emailed him!! Thanks-I just can't figure out why this is so hard to find! Randi

OP
R

Randi

I bought 2 for an $$ that haven't showed up and were supposed to be here yesterday she is high in the air on one rack and we"ve resorted to putting cars under her-all the time my husband is muttering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So I bought 2 from Ebay because Tony told me he had one but never answered about how much till yesterday.........Ebay is not always the most reliable sorce but now I have 350$ in 4 axles none of which I've seen yet.......Thankyou for checking-I'm stressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Randi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif

OP
R

Randi

Yea got the parts from British Auto (alittle late but here) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif