Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I noticed my car was lacking rear axle rubber stops when I bottomed out rather hard some time back, so I ordered new rubber bumpers. Now from what I recall on my last car, there was a bracket they fit in. Attached is a pic....am I missing that bracket?
Thats what I thought, that bracket is missing on mine. Might have to bend up some metal and tack it on there.
And Rut, I must say, you have a very well detailed rear end! I wish mine was that clean!
Sorry, had to go there, too many jokes!
My wife says that all the time! If the brackets not available you might want to think about drilling and tapping a hole and mounting a generic bump stop.
Rut
The stock bump stop is mighty harsh. I've been threatening to add a coil overload sort of spring to cushion the axle before it hits the bump stop. If you have to manufacture anyway I would do that.
I don't think that would be enough but it would be easy to fit. You could just drill a hole in the stock stop for it. I was thinking along the lines of a motor cycle spring and wondering if that would be enough.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.