• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ready to hang doors!

BlueMax

Jedi Warrior
Now that the new rollbar and interior is completed, I’m ready to hang some doors.

P1040187.jpgP1040193.jpgP1040173.jpg

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Who provided the rollbar?

SpeedHut Gauges it appears, what's the gauge on the far right. Looks fabulous!!!! Like the Red and Black

OP
BlueMax

BlueMax

Jedi Warrior
Thanks Jim, in order for the Sibring seats to sit far enough back for steering clearance I needed to custom build my own rollbar. The gauge to the far right is a Lucas volt meter. 120mph GPS speed and 8K electric tach are custom gauges from SpeedHut, the rest are OEM Smith.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
awesome - two thoughts.

1. put tape on the edges, doors and body, don't ask me how I know.

2. When I initially hung the doors I attached the hinges to the body with bolts (rather than the posi drive screws.) Then I could adjust the bolts with a socket and extension one handed while holding the door in place. I could also tighten it better. Then when everything was adjusted, I swapped out the bolts for the screws.

PS Looks amazing!

OP
BlueMax

BlueMax

Jedi Warrior
Thanks JP, Absolutely will be using tape in the A pillar post areas. Doors will be held in place with a door jack stand to aide in door alignment.

G

Split vinyl tubing around the edges wouldn't hurt either. That thing is gonna be nice. My only criticism is it isn't mine. :friendly_wink:

64rocksprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Since you just went through it..and I've spent a few hours pondering and flipping my pieces around and scratching my head...any hints for carpet installation on the wheel well 'humps'?
Your interior (like the rest of your car) looks fantastic!!!

OP
BlueMax

BlueMax

Jedi Warrior
Thanks, funny that you mention that. My carpet came from AH Spares. I used the Jaguar quality carpet set which I think maybe wool. Need less to say having the roll-bar sitting where it is both the wheel-well humps were a PNA because not only did you have to make the contour fit but also needed to cut and have bound around the pedestals of roll-bar to sit. My carpet well humps were two pieces stitch together. What I did was fit the seam of the joined pieces into where the box frame and the wheel arch joined. I made sure that the carpet covered up to the inner finder support so that the inner B post fender panel would create the finish line.

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Thanks, funny that you mention that. My carpet came from AH Spares. I used the Jaguar quality carpet set which I think maybe wool. Need less to say having the roll-bar sitting where it is both the wheel-well humps were a PNA because not only did you have to make the contour fit but also needed to cut and have bound around the pedestals of roll-bar to sit. My carpet well humps were two pieces stitch together. What I did was fit the seam of the joined pieces into where the box frame and the wheel arch joined. I made sure that the carpet covered up to the inner finder support so that the inner B post fender panel would create the finish line.

It is all in the details. Fine work. Leather, quality carpets are nice. Are you going to put the rubber mats over the carpets?
I did. The first time I got the carpets dirty I about croaked. The AHspares mats are very nice.

OP
BlueMax

BlueMax

Jedi Warrior
Thanks Gundy, Yes, AH Spares floor mats are first class made from heavy rubber, don't you like the logo, I do? My only draw back, I wish they had available floor mats that do not have the slot in them, being that I no longer have a floor mounted accelerator.