• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Group events

Photography

Rats - that's not what I ordered!

Basil

Administrator
Boss
One of the lenses I have for my Canon T-70 is a Soligor 28-70 f2.8 Zoom. It's a great lens but somewhere along the line I lost the 72mm lens cap. A quick search of EBay turned up what was advertised as a 72mm Soligor lens cap, so I bought it. It arrived today, but it wasn't 72mm it was only 55mm! Drat! Well the search continues.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Somewhere in my "collection of useless articles" is a Soligor 72MM cap. If I could find it, it's yours. Came with a 21MM prime I've had since about 1975.

Lens caps IMHO are about as useless as, well, mammary glands on a male bovine. All the lens caps I've gotten over the decades are immediately replaced with UV filters. They're "transparent lens caps" as it were. The caps got tossed in drawers or bags of bits.

But! I can offer you a free "NIKON" 72MM cap if ya wanna look like a real pro... :devilgrin:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I use lens caps just while camera is stored - just to keep dust off. Used to use UV filters but now just use lens hoods for protection (and to limit glare).

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Just went thru a closet on th' hunt.

A "case" in point about the stuff lyin' around here:

casejunk.JPG