• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

R.I.P. Bobby Unser

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I just learned that Bobby Unser died at age 87 at his home in Albuquerque. He was always cooperative when I was freelancing at Pocono, and I have visited this family museum in Albuquerque a couple of times too. The generation of Indy racers that was active when I really was into Indy car racing is disappearing quickly.

Attachments

• 1974Schaefer500Pocono247BobbyUnser-1 copy.jpg
    1974Schaefer500Pocono247BobbyUnser-1 copy.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
You beat me to it. I just got a popup news notice on my iPhone about his passing. I can't remember where I was headed (or coming home from) but I once took a flight with Bobby onboard. Of course he was in first class and I...wasn't.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Those were the days.

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Saw on a motorcycle forum that Dick Mann passed away a few days ago.