DrinkingWhisky
Freshman Member
Offline
I'm slowly tackling my Dad's TR4A IRS. Some history, very little has been changed since he was the 2nd owner. It's currently at 58,500 miles and a true gem in my eyes.
There are a few things that need tackling, but for now the main thing I'm seeing is front brakes. The last time I took it out for a spin the brake squeal was embarrassing. I was thinking a quick brake pad replacement, but then took a look at the rotors, which are probably original or 40+ years old. There is a substantial amount of pitting along the outer edges (probably 3/8" in from the outer edge). What should I do here.. resurface? Throw some $$ for new rotors? I'm thinking the later option is the correct way to go. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for the advice all.
Zack
There are a few things that need tackling, but for now the main thing I'm seeing is front brakes. The last time I took it out for a spin the brake squeal was embarrassing. I was thinking a quick brake pad replacement, but then took a look at the rotors, which are probably original or 40+ years old. There is a substantial amount of pitting along the outer edges (probably 3/8" in from the outer edge). What should I do here.. resurface? Throw some $$ for new rotors? I'm thinking the later option is the correct way to go. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for the advice all.
Zack
Hey Guest!