Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Are you planning on running slicks on your car? layful:
Really, I don't think you need it otherwise. For what it's worth, I've heard of people using the lever shock of an MGB as the upper member (but I've never seen one). Most of my racing pals just use the normal lever shock single arm (even if we add a gas-tube shock).
As you may recall, I use a small trailing arm on my upper links (you commented on that thread....which is now years old).
Well, you know me, it was there so it had to be climbed.
As you know I have tube shocks up front (based on your design) so I wanted to dismantle my shocks to install grease zerks since they are no longer shocks per se and I am sick of jacking around with oil. I have a pile of dead shocks so I started messing around and one thing lead to another.
I am definitely getting some shifting around up there under braking so a little triangulation sure can't hurt. And it also has the potential of looking really cool which is always a plus.
Cool, I bought a couple of MGB front shocks and I've been working on the same thing, but I'm not sure it's worth it. It's a lot of work for a little reward.
Rut
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.