• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Procar Pro-90 Seats in the TR6

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
This is the fit of the Procar 80-1400-51 Pro-90, in case anyone was curious. Along with pricing including shipping to San Diego area. See pics below.

Attachments

• D6C0EE7E-6E12-472C-8506-3098EE25EC8F.jpeg
    D6C0EE7E-6E12-472C-8506-3098EE25EC8F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 166
  • F7555A4C-FD2B-442C-A3FE-D3082821DE70.jpeg
    F7555A4C-FD2B-442C-A3FE-D3082821DE70.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 142
  • 3EF669CA-45C2-4689-ADCD-AA22F77C5AD2.jpeg
    3EF669CA-45C2-4689-ADCD-AA22F77C5AD2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 173
  • A3839EA7-441D-4DDF-99BC-AB153299C3C2.jpeg
    A3839EA7-441D-4DDF-99BC-AB153299C3C2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 155
OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
This is a follow-up on these seats after driving the car for six weeks. I am 6' 0" 185 lbs. and these seats fit in the car well but the foam is too thick for my size. I have removed the cover from the seat-back (very easy to do) four times carving more and more foam from the mid-back area and it's getting to where it's more comfortable. As you can see from the photos these seats have much more foam than the original seats. If I could figure a way to mount it on the floor without the sliders, I think that would be much better for seat height but I'm still scratching my head about how I would do that.

I'd say if the driver is 5' 9" or shorter these seats would be great without any modification. But for me the seat as it is delivered puts me too close to the steering wheel (knees and arms bent too much)... so that I can't rotate the steering wheel past my leg on a 90 degree right turn without regripping the steering wheel. I'll keep modifying until they feel just right, but just wanted to issue a buyer beware review for others needing an alternative to original seats.

On the passenger side they're marvelous, no issues at all.

Simmo

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I feel your pain. I bought a pair of Suffolk Seats from Moss UK. They cost a heap plus shipping to Australia $3000 +. They look great but the manufacturers said they fit the TR6 bolt pattern. Thats very much untrue! The people at Suffolk wouldnt talk to me, never again. I have had to make tremendous mods to these seats to both make them fit the mounts and get them lower in the car, as you have had to do. My main problem now is that I am 6'2" and my "Tunnel side knee" pushes hard on the support yoke thus making the TR not so much fun to drive.

OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
I feel your pain. I bought a pair of Suffolk Seats from Moss UK. They cost a heap plus shipping to Australia $3000 +. They look great but the manufacturers said they fit the TR6 bolt pattern. Thats very much untrue! The people at Suffolk wouldnt talk to me, never again. I have had to make tremendous mods to these seats to both make them fit the mounts and get them lower in the car, as you have had to do. My main problem now is that I am 6'2" and my "Tunnel side knee" pushes hard on the support yoke thus making the TR not so much fun to drive.
Yeah, I'm not fond of feeling like a big kid in a toy car that he's outgrown. But I'm sure I will get mine sorted, and I hope you do as well. It is important to get that seating position correct so you can get the fun back. Good luck with yours.

Lotuswins

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hello,
I too am looking for a substitute seat for my TR4, and am considering these ProCar's. A couple of thoughts to help on the leg room:
1) I've seen where others have notched the wheel well on the drivers side to allow the seat to move rearward further.
2) Moto Lita makes an offset 14 inch steering wheel that looks really nice. I put one on my Healey to help in with ingress and egress as well as my thigh no longer hits the wheel when going from throttle to brake. I'm pleased, but they are pricey ($400).
HTH, Jerry Rude

OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
Hello,
I too am looking for a substitute seat for my TR4, and am considering these ProCar's. A couple of thoughts to help on the leg room:
1) I've seen where others have notched the wheel well on the drivers side to allow the seat to move rearward further.
2) Moto Lita makes an offset 14 inch steering wheel that looks really nice. I put one on my Healey to help in with ingress and egress as well as my thigh no longer hits the wheel when going from throttle to brake. I'm pleased, but they are pricey ($400).
HTH, Jerry Rude
The price was right for me on those ProCar seats, so I'll continue tweaking the driver seat until it suits me. Right now I'm as low as I can go and still retain the slider mechanism. So I will try to make a stationary mount sitting right on the floor pan, while still utilizing the stock TR6 mounting holes. As for the seat back, I think at this point I will continue carving foam out. I am only removing foam where my back rests against the seat and not around the perimeter, to avoid having to cut and re-stitch the vinyl.
Thank you for that lateral thinking, Jerry. I do get stuck on a solution sometimes, leading to weeks of head scratching. Good luck with your hunt.

jaesteban

Freshman Member
Country flag
The price was right for me on those ProCar seats, so I'll continue tweaking the driver seat until it suits me. Right now I'm as low as I can go and still retain the slider mechanism. So I will try to make a stationary mount sitting right on the floor pan, while still utilizing the stock TR6 mounting holes. As for the seat back, I think at this point I will continue carving foam out. I am only removing foam where my back rests against the seat and not around the perimeter, to avoid having to cut and re-stitch the vinyl.
Thank you for that lateral thinking, Jerry. I do get stuck on a solution sometimes, leading to weeks of head scratching. Good luck with your hunt.
Hello! Do you have an update on the ProCar seats? Still happy with them? I am about to buy some for a TR6. I am 5'6"

OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
You will love them and the price is right! The only issue I had was that at 6' I am a too tall for these without removing foam from the seatback. I'm satisfied for now but may continue to carve a little more from the back and seat when I feel like pulling the driver seat out. You can look at a couple more pics and a description in my website here... > TR6 Interior and Dashboard installation > The Barn <

I should also note that I have the seats mounted as low as possible while still retaining the slider functionality.

jaesteban

Freshman Member
Country flag
WOW! Thank you! They look GREAT! I wonder if the model with headrests would fit as well? Did you use the original sliders or did you get an adapter from ProCar? The rest of the car looks AWESOME as well by the way!

OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
WOW! Thank you! They look GREAT! I wonder if the model with headrests would fit as well? Did you use the original sliders or did you get an adapter from ProCar? The rest of the car looks AWESOME as well by the way!
The seats came with sliders, but you'll need to make brackets to utilize the stock holes in the floor pan. The four holes in the floor pan do not form a rectangle, as the outboard rear hole is forward a bit. Headrest model should fit exactly the same way. I'm not sure I took any photos of the brackets I made, but if I did I will post photos shortly.

OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
Nope, I didn't take any pics of the brackets that I made. If I remove seat anytime soon, I'll post photos.

Simmo

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Nope, I didn't take any pics of the brackets that I made. If I remove seat anytime soon, I'll post photos.
Since my last post I have had an expert make a provision in the drivers side, rear inside wheel arch, in order to accomodate the seat back. Now the seat can be moved back enough to accomodate a seven foot driver. Covered with a new vinyl arch trim its unoticable and works just fine. Should have done this before I started trying everything else.

OP
nichola

nichola

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
Since my last post I have had an expert make a provision in the drivers side, rear inside wheel arch, in order to accomodate the seat back. Now the seat can be moved back enough to accomodate a seven foot driver. Covered with a new vinyl arch trim its unoticable and works just fine. Should have done this before I started trying everything else.
I would love to see a photo of that modification... I thought about it but decided against it.

Lotuswins

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
simmo, I would really like to see that wheel arch mod, and any dimensions? Maybe just a pic of inside the wheel well? I am currently replacing my driver side floor so its perfect timing.
Thanks, Jerry

Simmo

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
simmo, I would really like to see that wheel arch mod, and any dimensions? Maybe just a pic of inside the wheel well? I am currently replacing my driver side floor so its perfect timing.
Thanks, Jerry
Will do. At the moment the car is over in Bathurst and will have to wait till next week, after race week, to pick it up but will send you a pic or two

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I have the opposite problem. I had to put wooden blocks and spacers under the drivers seat so I could see over the steering wheel. The wheel is still too close, a problem with almost all British cars. My Alfa has the opposite problem - the wheel is quite far away. I like that better.

Simmo

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Will do. At the moment the car is over in Bathurst and will have to wait till next week, after race week, to pick it up but will send you a pic or two
Hi Jerry, I drove the TR6 about 100KM yesterday in relative comfort. Legs streached out and knee not hitting the dash support yoke. I have included a couple of pics, which arent that fantastic, of the inside rear wheel arch. Sorry thats the best I can do but happy to give you any more help you may request. Regards Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0853.JPG
    IMG_0853.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 74

Lotuswins

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Thank you Simmo, that is exactly what I needed. Did your expert weld in a patch or hammer it to its configuration?

thanks again, Jerry

Simmo

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Hi Jerry, I drove the TR6 about 100KM yesterday in relative comfort. Legs streached out and knee not hitting the dash support yoke. I have included a couple of pics, which arent that fantastic, of the inside rear wheel arch. Sorry thats the best I can do but happy to give you any more help you may request. Regards Ian

Thank you Simmo, that is exactly what I needed. Did your expert weld in a patch or hammer it to its configuration?

thanks again, Jerry
I didnt see him do it and think im pleased i didnt see it but I believe he did it with a damm big hammer but made a fairly tidy job of it. Good luck.