• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Priority Mail

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Still no tube.
Seller will ship another one. But why? That may get lost too. "Priority Mail". To what - the Pony Express?

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Very curious. Latest tracking number info says "Label created, not yet in system." Label before that said the same thing plus "Waiting for shipper to furnish package." Two previous said "In transit". Seller said he'd ship another one. I told him to hold off. What is going on? Meanwhile, I got my Mastercard bill showing $18 charge.

Country flag
I had a book lost out of a busted USPS delivered package, looked like they'd kicked the box from the shipper to me. The company I bought from shipped another. It never arrived and the USPS tracking showed it went unknown. So two copies of it are, "somewhere"... Other items before and after from the same company have arrived with no issue, so I'm at a loss to understand why this one title. Least the company I was buying from issued a refund since neither could be found.

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Still no package.
I feel your pain.. I am waiting for a new super bright bike headlamp. Ordered over a month ago. Tracking said it was exported by EMS from the Netherlands shipping center May 1... and somehow disappeared. Then suddenly I got a notification that it reached EMS Israel yesterday. 1 full month for a 5 hour flight. Will be interesting to see how long the 1 hour drive from the airport takes.

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Old radio tube was shipped from Orlando, FL on May 3rd by Priority Mail. It hasn't arrived in CT yet - May 16th. "In transit" says the tracking number. Priority to what - the Pony Express? We are well on our way to becoming a 3rd World country.
By the way last time I bought tubes, I used "Tube Depot" > Analog In < They were very quick and really worked hard to correct what may have been my mistake. I would happily use the again.

Country flag
I feel your pain.. I am waiting for a new super bright bike headlamp. Ordered over a month ago. Tracking said it was exported by EMS from the Netherlands shipping center May 1... and somehow disappeared. Then suddenly I got a notification that it reached EMS Israel yesterday. 1 full month for a 5 hour flight. Will be interesting to see how long the 1 hour drive from the airport takes.
Well, if you figure 1 month for 5 hours, then that will be something like 6 days for the one hour....

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Never got the radio tube. Post Office no help. Emailed Seller. Never heard back. What do I do now? Radio chassis upside down in the basement.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Never got the radio tube. Post Office no help. Emailed Seller. Never heard back. What do I do now? Radio chassis upside down in the basement.
Dispute the charge with your credit card company.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Ordered a mirror for the RV. They shipped and gave me the UPS tracking #. Said it would be here Monday. Didn't arrive. I checked the UPS site and it said it was delivered Monday at 7:14 PM at the front door, while I was eating dinner inside by the front door. On Tuesday, I filed a claim online saying I thought it was delivered to another address.

Tuesday evening, my neighbor three doors down brought it over. I thanked him and tried to cancel the claim. No way online to cancel the claim. Tried calling, can't talk to a person.. I could, however, submit additional documentation online, so I wrote a memo and sent as additional documentation.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It's almost impossible to talk to a person anywhere anymore. Really irritating at best. The rules won't let me say what I really want to say. I ordered a simple switch from England on May 20 this year. they delivered it to the Royal Mail 5/21 who delivered it to the US MaIL IN Chicago 5/23. Since then it is delivery delayed but "in transit." I'm pretty sure I could walk it from Chicago to Oklahoma City in that much time. Certainly could do it with a bicycle.

Country flag
I had a book disappear out of a package, one end broken open. I was able to get a hold of a person with the company and explained that one book was gone and the rest of the order had survived. They sent another, this was the week before New Years. By the end of January I hadn't gotten it so called again. They said it had gone out and to wait another 2-3 weeks due to shipping delays. so the end of February called again as it hadn't arrived. They declined to try again and issued a refund. So I wasn't out anything but time. So here it is almost July and God knows where either copy may be. I decided it wasn't really worth spending more time on.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I ordered an internal park switch for my Lucas wiper motor from England May 20. It was handed to the British Royal Mail May 21 who then delivered it to the USPS in Chicago, IL May 23. Since that time it has been "In transit to next destination." It finally arrived in Oklahoma City last night at 9:25 and is expected to be delivered by 8:00 pm today, July 1. That's 39 days to make the roughly 800 miles from Chicago to here or about 20 miles per day. I suspect any worthy mail man could easily walk 20 miles per day but I question why they would choose that method.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
He sent another one and it arrived two days later. Radio still doesn't work. Another bad tube. 6B7. Doesn't light up. Stays cold. But no RF hum. Shouldn't I get some hum when power goes on even though no radio reception?

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
He sent another one and it arrived two days later. Radio still doesn't work. Another bad tube. 6B7. Doesn't light up. Stays cold. But no RF hum. Shouldn't I get some hum when power goes on even though no radio reception?
Well obviously not an All American 5 ;)
If this is the second tube which doesn't heat up I think you need to check that the socket is getting 6v electric for the heating element and that the socket is making contact. Sounds like the other tube are lighting up. Are they all 6 series tubes? (6 volt heater elements) so there is only one heater circuit? Remember tube circuits have HIGH VOLTAGE DC they can easily take you out of this world... be careful poking around.