• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Price on Tigers?

OP
D

DesertSprite

Jedi Warrior
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the link. Those look like some really nice Minis. I'm definitely tempted.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there are just too many LBC's to choose from! Each month I find myself wanting another model!

Well, when it comes to buying time I'll just buy the best of what's available at the time.

aloha,
Joel

cheers.gif

JM1NA

This was in our local by and sell paper this week...

"65 SUNBEAM Tiger MK1, 260, V8, balmoral grey, stored for 14 yrs, nds restor $13,000 firm. Surrey Tel: 604-538-2430"

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
If that Tiger referenced by JM1NA was priced in Canadian dollars it could be a pretty good deal. Bob

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
JM1NA
Gee and I sold mine rather cheap it would seem.It was a nice older restoration with a 5 speed and its off to Oshawa probably in the next few weeks or so.It cleaned up very nice and even had the 140 MPH spedometer.
The Tiger that was at Barret Jackson auction went for $43,000 US.I didn't get to see it when the auction was on.
canpatriot.gif
but then every day is sunny

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pmenhusen:
Good Beamer: Are you referring to the 351 Cleveland or Windsor? I believe that one had larger external dimensions than the other.<hr></blockquote>

I was refering to the 351 Windsor.That is the one I'm running in the Lister.
canpatriot.gif
and its sunny

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee
Aloha Joel;

Hey when you have a Miata when all is said and done, it's still a Miata.

I might suggest you might at least consider a Jensen Healey. The Jensen Healey is the most under valued British sports cars currently. Frankly I love mine. There were only approx 10, 485 of the ever made and only about 1,500 known to be on the road today, that enters the rare classification. A serviceable JH will start at about $4K and go up to $14K for a really fine example.

They are powered with a Lotus 907 (4 cylinder) engine and it is a lot stronget than you might think. I know there are Miatas that have already learned that around my area. You just have to love the surprised look on their faces.

There are several very nice engine swaps that are very cool, the Toyota Supera is a nice swap and the Capri 6 cyl. is another one. Well just another idea and a tip for a really good value and the biggest bang for your buck in vintage British sports cars.

Mahalo, Kimo (Jim)

JM1NA

"Hey when you have a Miata when all is said and done, it's still a Miata."

Thank goodness for that!
wink.gif

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee
JM1NA;

I don't mean to disparage the "Little" Miata, but I live and work in the immediate area where the Miata was and is being designed and redesigned. It's still too small for the average American.

I've visited the Design Studio several time to emplore them to look into doing a better design. Hey if the Brits could do it in 19955 why can't they do it today. I mentioned the Jensen Healey, Big Healey and even the BMW Z3 and 4. The only car thay heard of was the Z3 and Z4. That said it all to me.

JM1NA

Hi Jim,
No offence taken at all, I don't mind a little friendly ribbing, and I love British cars, obviously, as I visit this site daily...
I've heard of a few guys having trouble fitting in miatas, especially the second generation cars with the thicker doors.
At 5'6", I don't have a problem...
grin.gif

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee
JM1NA

Yes, you are apparently are their target market, there are (were) times I wished I was smaller but... I'm 6'2" and 250 pounds (an ex-power lifter with legs like tree stumps) and they could care less.

The Honda fits in the same "too small" index I use. Yet I'm very comfortable in my JH or even my former 427 Cobra (replica) I had to drop the seating box and lower the seat, because I'm very long wasted and I sit hign in most ever sports car made. I just put a photo in the gallery.

Well back to The Price of Tigers. Amen

strombecker

Freshman Member
I bought my sunbeam Tiger for $6500 US three years ago, and it was the real deal. It has been confirmed by Norm Miller and was all original but the car had been painted a differrent color. There are deals out there if you look. I was lucky, and was the first to check out the car.

Terry
strombecker@telus.net

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jim Weatherford:
JM1NA;
I don't mean to disparage the "Little" Miata, but -- It's still too small for the average American.
<hr></blockquote>

I think the Miata was designed to be a lady's car.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

D

Basil

Administrator
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave Russell:

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

D
<hr></blockquote>

Our Miata is my wifes car and its just right for her, but I enjoy driving it on those occassions that she lets me
tongue.gif
Its fun around town, but a bit cramped on long trips (My little Spitfire has more leg room)
miata01.jpg

Basil

[ 04-24-2004: Message edited by: Basil ]</p>

JM1NA

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave Russell:

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

D
<hr></blockquote>

My lady loves my miata, and loves driving it. I get a kick out of her actually asking me to drive it. It's cool to have someone enthusiastic about your car other than yourself.
and I'd be happy to put my ladies car up against most anything british in the twisties.
My old spitfire was called a hairdresser's carwhen it came out... whatever...
Weren't the big healeys titled "hairy chested" man's cars? That gives me the willies...
shocked.gif

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JM1NA:

Weren't the big healeys titled "hairy chested" man's cars? That gives me the willies...
shocked.gif
<hr></blockquote>
I think it meant primitive as in no amenities. Why would that make you uneasy?
D