• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pretty cool...

GaryBeu

Banned
things happened to me yesterday. A Healey 3000 (beautiful and black) pulled out of a side road and came toward me. As he approached he put out his arm and waved with a thumbs up. Then, later in the day, I noticed a very new looking Astin Martin convertible of some sort in traffic behind me. At a stop light he pulled up along side and smiled and gave me a thumbs up. Nice to know that those guys can appreciate a well-used 1971 MGB !! Made me feel good to be associated with this group of people.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Car guys of all sorts tend to be pretty good folks, and appreciate a neat car no matter what it is.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
And it's not only the car guys. On my recent trip to E. Tennessee, on one of the two-lane sideroads I took, an oncoming Harley rider gave me their "salute".

OP
G

GaryBeu

Banned
Yeah Mickey...I've actually had quite a few Harley guys wave at me.

I had a guy few years ago eww and ahh over my MGB GT while I was sitting in the grocery store parking lot, we were both wating on the wifes, he looked a the car and complimented and said he loved to have one. In my mind I just could imagine that guy driving a mini van but a few minutes later he drove by where I was parked in a new Porsche Boxster, made me feel god he liked my car so much.

cvhs18472

Freshman Member
Hap Waldrop said:
I had a guy few years ago eww and ahh over my MGB GT while I was sitting in the grocery store parking lot, we were both wating on the wifes, he looked a the car and complimented and said he loved to have one. In my mind I just could imagine that guy driving a mini van but a few minutes later he drove by where I was parked in a new Porsche Boxster, made me feel god he liked my car so much.

I've said before that all Porsche owners are not complete As*holes. There are some actually nice people who enjoy the history, differences and qualities of all nice cars. Ed

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
use to think that,had to change my tune.
My best friend bought a 911.
Actually I would like a 928. Think that would be a great touring car

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Don said:

German Camaro. :devilgrin:

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I had a ride down to the Rolex Monterey Historics two years ago in one. I don't think it was that well taken car of and the driver was an a.. h..e. But he thought just having it would get him a special parking space. Boy was he disappointed. About five times passers by mentioned that too bad it wasn't a 924.

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
Don said:

Thems fight'n words Doc - LOL. I take it you've never driven a healthy 928S, S4 or GTS because if you have you'd clearly be saying that they are great cars. Because they are. Fast, extremely solid, reliable, comfortable, sharp handling and once over 100 MPH quite engaging to drive.

I miss my S4 dearly. I put 45k on mine in 3 years and nothing broke or needed attention - nothing. Just tires and fluids. Sold it for $4k more than I paid.

29113030005_large.jpg

swift6

Yoda
Wow, rarely (as in never) have I ever heard anyone say they would rather see a 924 instead of a 928. Audi based 4 cylinder in a joint VW/Audi Porsche design/build vs a very nice Porsche built V8 in a pure Porsche designed and built car.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
tdskip said:
DrEntropy said:
Don said:

Thems fight'n words Doc - LOL. I take it you've never driven a healthy 928S, S4 or GTS because if you have you'd clearly be saying that they are great cars. Because they are. Fast, extremely solid, reliable, comfortable, sharp handling and once over 100 MPH quite engaging to drive.

I miss my S4 dearly. I put 45k on mine in 3 years and nothing broke or needed attention - nothing. Just tires and fluids. Sold it for $4k more than I paid.

Never ~owned~ one. Was hoping that remark would bring Bret outta the woodwork, actually. :wink:

...and I'm a "factory certified" Porsche tech, BTW. Trained on the beasties, have half a fortune tied up in the tools to fix 'em.

CZ_Dave

Jedi Warrior
Yup, sometimes its nice to know that you can't pull up to a stop sign and pick yer nose without anybody noticing your car and you.

Shinsen774

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My neighor has a 928 with a manual tranny as his daily driver. Said if he isn't very careful, his MPG drops to single digits!

CZ_Dave

Jedi Warrior
In my 66 Chevelle, with the Blown 427, I never saw double digit mileage, no matter how I kept my foot in it. Oh htats right, I could never keep my foot out of it!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
They're a hoot to drive but IMO too heavy and just plain TOO BIG.

A well sorted 911 on the other hand, wellll.... :smile:

cvhs18472

Freshman Member
DrEntropy said:
They're a hoot to drive but IMO too heavy and just plain TOO BIG.

A well sorted 911 on the other hand, wellll.... :smile:

Having had both, you could sort out a 911 till the cows come home and all you would get is a Boxster with worn out suspension parts. Ed