Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
What motor oil to use in a Bugeye seems to get debated, so I want to take a poll. What motor oil do you recommend for the 948cc engine (brand, grade)? Thanks.
Sid
Thanks to the folks who voted. I'm surprised the vote was unanimous. I'm surprised when any vote is unanimous.
During the voting, I contacted Castrol and they mentioned an oil of theirs that they thought would protect an older engine -- Castrol EDGE 5W-50. I will post a new question about that full synthetic oil that has high ZDDP.
Thanks again.
Sid
Just to be different, I've always been a 20W50 Castrol guy. I've heard lately they have reduced the ZDDP in that oil so have been running 30WT Cenex diesel engine oil this year. I think any diesel oil has enough ZDDP and other high pressure additives to be a good choice.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.