• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Portland ABFM 2015

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Just returned, and I pronounce it good! The weather was dodgy (with a sprinkle or two) but at least it wasn't too hot (as it has been in the past). I think there just under 800 cars. The feature marque was Austin-Healey.

Saw a number of British Car Forum people... "Pythias" (Bill L.) and "Oud272" (Dave G.). Can't remember the handle of Gary from up in Vancouver, WA but there were surely others. The 3 I list were all in the Sprite family. I won 3rd place in the Bugeye ("Early") group and Bill won 3rd place in the Box-Sprite ("Later") family... though, he left about 5 minutes before the awards (confident he wouldn't win anything). :p Bill, get your award from the club!

Anyway, I didn't shoot too many photos this year... and just one trying to capture the scene (from the Bugeye section looking NW).

Tomorrow (Sunday) is the swap-meet day and I'll return for a couple of hours. Maybe watch some historic races too. ~

Attachments

• Dscn6581.jpg
    Dscn6581.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Still life with "Pythias"... Bill and his 3rd place winning car. Told ya you should have stuck around. I think you can get it at the swap meet.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Dscn6586.jpg
    Dscn6586.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 76
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Still life with "Oud272"... Dave and his car (cigar in hand). He's working on another Sprite that we eagerly await to see.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Dscn6585.jpg
    Dscn6585.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 74
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
OK, one of me (and wife, Helen). After extensive ballot-box-stuffing, we managed to pull down 3rd place in the Frog-eye group.

Attachments

• Dscn6580.jpg
    Dscn6580.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
13 Bugeyes... and, correcting myself, the weather was sunny most of the day. Things turned dodgy in the later afternoon... but all was well.

Last edited:
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Forgot to mention my good buddy "pdxpete" was there with his 1959 MGA (though I failed to take a pic). Pete S. hung out with us as we had a nice picnic at our car.

Last edited:

oud272

Freshman Member
Country flag
Mark,
Thanks for posting the photos.

Wonderful day had by the wife and I meeting lots of great folks (especially down the Bugeye row). I even managed to snag a few A.H. T-Shirts when the wife was not looking. The day was completed with a great drive home missing the showers, although they seemed to be always chasing us.

Mark, did you catch the other results in the Bugeye group?

Dave

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Great! I also snagged a few AH T-shirts as well... and missed all showers on the way home as well!
I was there for all the AH awards. Can't remember who won, though I did note second (Rick's super fancy modified) and then mine third - all for the Mark 1 category.
I can email you pics (but need your email address) if you want something with more resolution.

[EDIT: they'll eventually post the winners on-line and then you can look them up in the program. The winner in the Bugeye class is usually a very unmodified car in great condition - original steering wheel, front bumper, original wheels (that sort of thing). EDIT #2: they've posted the results at their website - just looked.]

Last edited:
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Probably obvious, but these were People's Choice awards.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Went to the swap-meet today (in the drizzle). Tried to get several buddies to go in on this MGB (very rusty but with engine) for $500 and park it in front of the house of a guy we like to tease... who is fussy and owns a Lamborghini Mercialago. Just leave it as the curb and run away.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-09-06 11.09.40.jpg
    2015-09-06 11.09.40.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 67
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
... or maybe this MG-ZB Magnette. Don't know if it came with the owner or not.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-09-06 11.11.24.jpg
    2015-09-06 11.11.24.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 56
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Went to the swap-meet today (in the drizzle). Tried to get several buddies to go in on this MGB (very rusty but with engine) for $500 and park it in front of the house of a guy we like to tease... who is fussy and owns a Lamborghini Mercialago. Just leave it as the curb and run away.
attachment.php

You'll notice that nobody was going to steal that steering wheel without taking the car.

gfholl

Country flag
Thanks for sharing the pictures! It was great seeing a good showing of Bugeye's again this year. Caught one rain shower heading home, but blasted right thru it.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the pictures! It was great seeing a good showing of Bugeye's again this year. Caught one rain shower heading home, but blasted right thru it.

Nice to see your white Sprite there too, Gary (didn't know your handle on forum). Thankfully, we missed the rain returning home... but it JUST skirted by us.

Last edited:
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
As I recall, yours was the Bugeye at the tip of the pointer I added to this shot:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Dscn6577.jpg
    Dscn6577.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 52