• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Picked up my BJ8 today - First ever time to drive!

BrandonBJ8

Jedi Trainee
I picked up our BJ8 today! It's been in my Dad's garage for 7-8 years not running. After a few weeks at the mechanics, it's up and running great. This was my first ever time to drive it and I loved it! It was a blast! I love all the looks and comments you get from people who admire the car. It does need a little body work and new paint job, along with a complete rennovation of the interior. But for the time being, she runs great and still looks great on the road. I'll post some more of my experiences later after we take it on our first short road trip this weekend. In the meantime, here are some pictures I just took. Enjoy!

Healey Pictures

-Brandon

WALTER

Jedi Hopeful
Re: Picked up my BJ8 today - First ever time to dr

Brandon,
Looks great. Congradulations.

Happy Healeying
Walter

miranda

nice pictures!! Looks like a lot of fun driving is coming your way. Enjoy!!

sjoerd and miranda

OP
B

BrandonBJ8

Jedi Trainee

Thanks everyone!

I will be driving it as is for quite a while actually. The restoration of the interior and exterior will come over the next many years. And of course, I want to keep it as original as possible.

Thanks
-Brandon

joeq

Jedi Hopeful

looks great... congrats!

Randy Harris

Jedi Warrior

Brandon - she looks great. Don't be in too much of a hurry to refurbish the interior. The upholstry looks remarkably good. Other than the carpets which really should be replaced and perhaps the rubber bits, the interior will clean up nicely with some time and tlc. She's actually quite nice inside - authentic with a lovely patina. Enjoy your new baby.
Randy '66 BJ8

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I love all the looks and comments you get from people who admire the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get use to it...everyone loves these cars...congrats on yours! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Country flag
Looks great. Remenber, most of our Healeys started somewhat run-down. You have a big head start. Where we were searching for parts all you need is TLC. You have the parts. And it runs.

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag

very nice! did your Dad own it from new? if so I'm not sure I would be in too much of a hurry to "restore" it...unmolested Austin Healeys of any quality are uncommon.

OP
B

BrandonBJ8

Jedi Trainee

Thanks for the comments everyone. My Dad is the second owner. He has had it since the late 70s I think. I would like to replace the carpet more than anything. It kept coming up and getting in the way of the pedals when driving. Can I order the exact carpet for it somewhere or would it be best to go to an upholstery shop to have it replaced?

shorn

Jedi Knight
Country flag

A new carpet can be obtained through several sources. First, order a catalog from both Moss Motors www.mossmotors.com and Victoria British www.victoriabritish.com. The catalogs are a valuable tool to see how things fit together, no matter where you buy the parts. Moss had carpet sets on sale for about $270 through yesterday, normally about $320. Call them and beg for the sale price at 1 800 667 7872. Maybe they will honor it for a new customer.

John Loftus

Darth Vader

[ QUOTE ]
Can I order the exact carpet for it somewhere or would it be best to go to an upholstery shop to have it replaced?

[/ QUOTE ]

The closest to exact that you can find would be from Heritage Trim. https://www.heritagetrim.com/ They have four grades of carpet, from economy grades, to jute backed Karvel to Wilton Wool. More info at their website under "about our materials". I just noticed that their carpet sets are on sale until April 15th. Just give them a call and they will send you swatches of material.

Cheers,
John

p.s. I don't mean to sound like the Moss or VB stuff is not good .. just trying to give you another source, especially if you are looking for the highest quality/originality on your upholstry goods.

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Looks great! Congrats !!!!!!

BlackHealey

Looks great. You are very lucky. You have an incredible headstart on the rest of us!
Someone must have really liked blue paint!
Hope to see you on the road.