Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
That is what was in mine when I bought it, only it was broken in a number of places. Mine was made out of a black composite sort of material though. I am suprised at the garbage being sold as original battery trays. AH Spares showed a picture just like what you posted above on their website, but what I got was a flat junky tray that was too small for my battery with only a 1/4" high lip around the edge. It also lacked the 6 indentations that are shown in you picture.
Kevin
I remember it as black too. I think I cleaned the paint or color right off of it! I too bought the Moss big battery tray, sent that back, and then bought the AH Spares one like you have. Eventually I will further clean this one, paint it and install it in my BE.
White & Black were both "original", positive ground had the white trays, when the switch to negative ground was made, the black trays were introduced. - so says the Horler "Bible", pg 106 ( I knew I had seen that comparison somewhere before, it was driving me nuts )
So for your bugeye, white it should be... unless you have converted to neg ground... then should it be black ? ohh man we can keep this battery tray debate going !
And I thought I had taken all of the black paint off of my tray, only now to hear that it was originally white. Well there you go! I guess that is what carb cleaner does to a BE white tray + 50 years of wear.
Cheers,
Scott in CA
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.