Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I have the unit shown in your email. It worked great until it busted. It is not built to handle nuts and bolts but rather brass shell casings. Gun enthusiast reloaders use them a lot.
I thought about getting one, then it dawned on me. If the nuts and bolts have rust, the original protective coating is gone. Meaning the nuts and bolts will rust again, and fast.
I just bought new hardware and saved some bench top.
I agree with TR6oldtimer. Besides it is sloooowwwww. I have one for my brass cartridge casings.
I use all new fastners but on occasion I have to use and old one. I stick it in the top of a box or if big enough just hold it in my cabinate gloved hand and bead blast it. Then I wire brush it and coat it with clear or black paint depending on the application.
By the way electrical tape does a good job if you don't want to bead blast a portion of the part your doing. Remember it's just like beach sand, it gets into every nook and cranny and crevice so you have to prepare your part before you bead blast it, and clean it very well afterwards.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.