Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Wondering if anyone has purchased a new steering rack recently and if the quality is good. Cosmetically, can you tell it apart from the original? How about in use? Smooth as original?? I'm considering a new or maybe good used if such a thing exist's.
Main problem is deep rust pitting on the rack shaft itself. Its for an early Lotus Elan and I never noticed that there was a hole in the gator and lots of opportunity to rust when I bought the car. I'm thinking it may drag and wear out the bushings prematurely with all the pitting. I've experienced battling with sub standard steering rack's before and it's something that irk's you every time you get behind the wheel and can totally ruin the driving experience.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.