Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
There is a nice BMW light blue that some TR8 owners go to that is close to the Persain Aqua. It was on thier Z series cars about 7 to 8 years ago. I will look to see if I have some pictures of the color.
I went with BMW space grey metallic instead of the stock platinum on my wife's TR8, and BMW Boston Green instead of the stock Poseidon on my convertible. The newer BMW colors really pop on a wedge.
Hi guys, yes i love those colors, i also have a few quarts of House of kolar chameleon, which i also like.
but i would really like to keep the 8 the original Persian Aqua metallic, BLVC 241,,
and do my spitty in chameleon,
tom
Are you completely removing the original paint?
I have been told that it is necessary if it is TPA, (thermo plastic acrylic).
My paint is all original, hate the idea of having to go down to bare metal.
If you go to a reputable body shop they will be able to look up the color code in a modern paint system. They will also have color chips for you to check against in a book. Just make sure to check against a part of the car that has not been exposed to the sun. Many of the better paint companies have mixes that date back to the 50's and 60's. A wedge should be no problem to match.
@ Airfix ... Most quality modern paint systems will be able to go over almost any kind of paint, no stripping needed. They would just have to put on a coat or 2 of primer/sealer, which seals the old paint so that it will not chemically react with the new paint.
The only reason I know these things is cause I took 4 months of auto body paint training and I've seen the paint chips fist hand.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.