• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Outlook Express

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date

Steve_S

Yoda
Outlook Express is a discontinued product and no longer supported. I'd suggest updating your email client. OE was a nice simple program that I enjoyed "back in the day" but now it's ancient and probably not very secure. Its replacement, Windows Live, is in my opinion pure garbage. I use Mozilla Thunderbird these days.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
TOC said:
Apparently with the 2007 update of Office, spell check is defaulted to French with no other options.
Now you see why Gates is a BIG problem?

french default?! Mon Dieu!
grin.gif

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

I have Outlook on the box, but, once again, why would I want fuel injection, 600 horses, and an automatic in my Jag?
This works, I'm comfortable with it.
And, anything to do with google, toolbars, browsers, not for me.

Steve_S

Yoda
I liked it too, but it has been abandoned so there are no security updates, no support, and I don't think you can even download it anywhere anymore so next time you have to upgrade your operating system you will not be able to get it. Better to simply adopt a new and better system now, in my opinion, and avoid being forced to do it later when it's less convenient.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Steve_S said:
Better to simply adopt a new and better system now, in my opinion, and avoid being forced to do it later when it's less convenient.

Are you sure your hobby is LBC's?
grin.gif

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Outlook Express 6 SP3 is the latest version which is part of Windows XP SP3. Extended support for Windows XP SP3, which covers security hotfixes, will end in 2014.

Doesn't look unsupported to me.