NickMorgan
Jedi Knight
Offline
A couple of months ago I went up to the farm where I rent a barn to drop off some logs. I had a look at my Triumphs all covered in dust and pigeon poo and realised that they hadn't run all year. I felt bad that they were just sitting there deteriorating. I mentioned on two British Triumph club forums that I was thinking of selling my 1300TC front-wheel-drive and my Herald Estate. I had immediate interest and then had to clean them up and start them. They both started as though they were last used the day before and cleaned up beautifully. I realised that they hadn't deteriorated at all, but it was too late as by then they were sold!
So, I had space in the barn and money in my pocket. What's a man to do. Buy another Triumph of course!!
Yesterday I flew down to Bristol and bought a 1974 Triumph Toledo. The interior is like new. The previous owner has spend over £3,500 on overhauling the mechanical components of the car and there is no serious rust. The only problem is that the paint has faded and there are a few areas of surface rust.
The drive home yesterday was 390 miles and when I worked out the mileage I discovered that the Toledo had returned 39mpg. It drove beautifully on the eight hour drive on our congested motorways. About a third of the way was limited to 50mph because of roadworks and I passed five separate accidents! Despite the radio not being connected up the journey went really well. I couldn't believe how nicely the Toledo drove. It's a great wee car!
And the new ...
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/nickmorgan/Toledo/IMG_1833.jpg
So, I had space in the barn and money in my pocket. What's a man to do. Buy another Triumph of course!!
Yesterday I flew down to Bristol and bought a 1974 Triumph Toledo. The interior is like new. The previous owner has spend over £3,500 on overhauling the mechanical components of the car and there is no serious rust. The only problem is that the paint has faded and there are a few areas of surface rust.
The drive home yesterday was 390 miles and when I worked out the mileage I discovered that the Toledo had returned 39mpg. It drove beautifully on the eight hour drive on our congested motorways. About a third of the way was limited to 50mph because of roadworks and I passed five separate accidents! Despite the radio not being connected up the journey went really well. I couldn't believe how nicely the Toledo drove. It's a great wee car!
And the new ...
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/nickmorgan/Toledo/IMG_1833.jpg
Hey Guest!