Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Got the oil changed and the transmission oil changed, got stuck on the differential as I can't get the fill or drain plugs open. Need to get that done on a lift as I can't get the leverage as some P.O or it could have been me overtightened. Oh well, Bugsy got to run several errands yesterday after all fluid got topped off. Breezy with 40+ mph gusts but in the 60's for mid November. I wasn't complaining.
Discovered tranny filler plug was missing. Last time I changed oil in there discovered that PO had tried to use a regular pipe plug and I got maybe a half turn on ot and rather than strip out the threads left it at that. Well I can't remeber when the tranny oil was last changed but substituted a rubber stopper as a fix. Tranny seems a whole lot quieter and synchro for 4th to 3rd working a whole lot better now with a full load of oil in the tranny.
Might be a few more days left this year but they are getting few and far between. Almost time for some winter projects but not yet!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.