• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

OT - Roadtrip!

PatGalvin

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
<span style="font-size: 12pt">Was great to have Tom stop by and view my project - I'm close to the in-laws. I am very appreciative to Basil and the forum for bringing Triumph enthusiasts together. Mercedes looked great - I did a road trip from Loyola Marymount (LA) to Phoenix in a 450SL in 1980 (with a friend, who's wealthy parents gifted him with a slightly nicer car than mine). Great car, great fun, and great memories. Thanks for starting this thread and sharing your trip Tom.
</span>
002.jpg

<span style="font-size: 12pt">I'll start posting my TR3 progress. Working on the last parts of the tub (sills, scuttle) this week and hope to go to paint very soon! (which just means cleaning up my crap and building a booth). Sills require a skim coat to line up with the door, front wing, and rear quarter panel. I'll cut the rear-of-sill kerf into the filler and round all the edges. Getting the "replaced and home-made" quarter panel contour perfect so the gravel guard fits is not easy. And yes, there is a little filler on the car - but I did remove all the #$$%% rust!

</span>
028.jpg

<span style="font-size: 12pt">Pat</span>

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Tom,

Nice car and it was great seeing the road trip pictures since we haven't had the opportunity yet to visit that part of the country.

Scott

OP
T

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Hi Scott - worth the trip out here sometime. The Pac Northwest is an amazing place.

Pat - where are your updates? Come on man, you've done great things with that car!

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
tdskip said:
Hi Scott - worth the trip out here sometime. The Pac Northwest is an amazing place.

The 9 days it is sunny

No...I'm not bitter!

Darrell_Walker

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
DNK said:
tdskip said:

The 9 days it is sunny

No...I'm not bitter!

Don's right, it is horrible here. Everyone should stay where you are! :smile:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Darrell, your not qualified.
You live in Vancouver.
That's a different climate
that's practically Portland
grin.gif

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hopefully signing the realtor contract this week

My wife and son are gone in 2 weeks

Disappointing the sales amount.Will need to rethink our plans for when we buy there.
Might need to sell the Wedge

Darrell_Walker

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
DNK said:
Darrell, your not qualified.
You live in Vancouver.
That's a different climate
that's practically Portland
grin.gif

Yeah, it is a little too hot, might have to water the lawn!

Was actually thinking Bellingham would be just right.