Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
No kidding - could be a life's work sort of thing. But imagine hustling that around fast sweeping turns watching the gauges and listening to the engine with the windows down.
OK, now only 50% sure....
I bet the mechanicals are actually OK, these are tough engines and drivetrains.
No kidding Paul! I guess it depends on where you want to go with it. I personally like scruffy but fast/reliable. For me it's a good trade off on the cost curve. So long as they are protected/stabilized for the next caretaker after I'm done with them getting them running and enjoying them (but not worrying about cosmetics) is the right point of the cost curve. Not for everyone to be sure.
That said - I bet an engine rebuild would be more than what most of us paid for our first house. Grin.
I'm really glad that I'm not retired or that I don't have more garage space or I'd be a real pack rat collector. I've seen about five cars this month that actually thought; "What If".
Then I realized that the "if" would be divorce court and passed on all of those silly notions.
Always liked Masers, had a '62 3500 GTI by Touring....the parts tho...and the inline 6 3500 was easier to work on than the 8's if you had the webers and not the FI (I had the FI and it worked great..that was luck).
Look for an older 3500 with the Touring alloy body if you have to go there...still has 4 seats (had adult GI's in the back of mine) and faster than the QP due to pwer/weight ratio.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.