• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

original bugeye dash items

msoylemez

Jedi Trainee
Good afternoon!

I am in the final phases of my build (yea!). Electrical is almost done, then I have exhaust, windshield and final prep for getting the car started (oil, grease, brakes bled, etc).

The one thing I have not spent too much time on until now is sourcing non-gauge dash items. Specifically, I am looking for original, in very good/excellent shape knobs-choke, starter, windshield, heater and ignition plastic bezel looking thing. I could also use the chrome/green plastic turn signal indicator dial. I have the ones that came with my car, but they are pretty beat up. I bought an after market windshield knob from Moss, but am not happy with how it looks.

Does any one have extras (again, VG/E condition) that they would sell?

Or, do you know of someone/a company that has them?

Thanks-

Mustafa

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Boy, lots of luck.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I got a new ignition switch (switch, bezel, knob) from Moss and am pleased with the quality. Good luck with the others. The heater switch itself is not available, but the knob might be--with normal caveat for the quality of the reproductions.

OP
msoylemez

msoylemez

Jedi Trainee
really? I got a W (windshield wiper) knob from them...and I think it looks super cheap. You say the ignition switch plastic components look alright? Any chance you can send me a pic?

Mustafa

Baz

Yoda
Country flag

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I'll get a pic of the ignition switch after work today.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Here's the switch in my dash. Seems to fit in and doesn't look out of place. My original was pretty hammered. This came from Moss--I replaced the entire switch and knob.

bugdash.jpg
bugdashswitch.jpg

fordtrucks4ever

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I am in need of that ignition/light switch. Missed out on several ebay had ranging from $25-50 new, like new, and NOS. I will keep an eye open and eventually find one. Hard to throw the money to Moss or VB just yet, since I am a long way from reassembly. Funny thing tho, my ignition switch is on left side of steering wheel.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Strange, it goes in the middle of the dash, centered from side to side.

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
I've had my bugeye almost 25 yrs and ran into something I've never seen, a dash light switch. It goes under the dash, just left of the steering wheel. Good luck.

fordtrucks4ever

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Strange, it goes in the middle of the dash, centered from side to side.

[/ QUOTE ]

My VIN # doesnt include the "L".

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Still goes in middle of the dash just in front of the shifter.

Bet that dash light switch has always been there. lol

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Terry -- You've got yourself a RHD Bugeye, eh? Very cool.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
msoylemez said:
I could also use the chrome/green plastic turn signal indicator dial. Does any one have extras (again, VG/E condition) that they would sell?

Or, do you know of someone/a company that has them?

Better late than never. I was cleaning up the garage today and came across a catalogue for Triple-C motor accessories. They have lots of cool stuff including the green turn signal indicators. (see below)

https://www.triple-c.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=112327&InfoID=2441

their website is https://www.triple-c.com

look under auto jumble. there is lots of intersting stuff

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Those lenses in your first link look like the "E.T. finger" lenses that go on the end of the turn blinker stalk. Did the MkIII Sprite (and Midget) have those or only the Mini?
Bill

bugimike

Yoda
There seems to be a lot of confusion about dash equipment and layouts. In Bugeyes, as Jack says, the Ignition switch has always been dead center, in combination with the integral lighting switches. The little switch mounted to the left and under the dash has been there on all BEs to my knowledge and turned off the instrument cluster lighting without affecting the exterior lights (perhaps the primitive precourser to the dash dimmer!!??) /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Mike:

You are correct and I recall getting a very similar switch from Radio Shack and replacing mine, since they are out of view.

BTW, maybe Terry has a Le Mans BE hehehe (hope that someone other then the Doc gets this one).

Patrick

healeyboz

Jedi Knight
I have to admit. I hooked my panel light switch up to the fuel pump. A bit of antitheft....

Hooked the panel lights up to the light switch.

I figure if I ever come out and she is gone, I'll just start walking about a block or so in either direction. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif