• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Option selections grayed out

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I just responded to a post in the pub and wanted to insert a smiley emoji but the attachment key was grayed out. See the attached pic. By the way, I was unable to press the insert pic icon on this post as it was also grayed out. I did close the BCF site and reopened it but no change.

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpeg
    IMG_2343.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 98

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Elliot,
It looks like you inadvertently toggled "BB Code" off. The clue is that the text you are quoting is not enclosed in a typical quote box, but rather we are just seeing the "quote tags" (this is what is called BB Code ). Try this... Reply to a post, then tap on the three vertical dots at the upper right part of the editor controls.

When you get the drop down, tap on the [ ] icon. Once you di this you will have toggled the "BB Code" on. BB Code is what interprets the "tags" and causes the resulting effect.

IMG_2727.PNG

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Did this just start happening?
It seems like it just started happening. I’ve never had a problem before.
I did update my iOS last evening to 16.5.1

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Bingo! That did it. (y)
Don’t know how that got toggled off.
Thanks for your help…. It’s appreciated.