Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
A buddy of mine was going to buy it but I guess they couldn't cut a deal. I haven't seen the car first hand. His daughter wrecked it and she walked away from the accident unharmed. Insurance took care of him so he bought it back.
What do you think is a fair value for the car? The problem is, if I bought the whole thing and put it back on the road it would have a salvaged title. I know for most cars that is the kiss of death for resale but does that matter as much on a British classic? I have seen some of the cars that have been resurrected and they were in far worse starting condition but I am sure had "clean" titles.
Seems to me that fair value as a complete wreck wouldn't be very much. $2-$3K at best. Gonna take a new frame and a fair amount of new sheet metal to even call it a project.
A salvage title on such an old car wouldn't bother me, but I probably would use it as a bargaining factor to get the price down
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.