Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I saw this poor RWA Midget this week while on a business trip to Lawrence, KS (it's in front of the Clinton Parkway Nursery). It's pretty rusty, so what better use than as a flower pot?
Dunno... right color I guess, s, but looks pretty shi**y as a planter. Maybe if the grille, headlight rings and the bonnet had been left on, but trimmed out for the plants, and a bed with a border around the perimeter, it might resemble a deliberate attempt. Otherwise, just looks like an abandoned car with some weeds growing through it.
I saw this poor RWA Midget this week while on a business trip to Lawrence, KS (it's in front of the Clinton Parkway Nursery). It's pretty rusty, so what better use than as a flower pot?
My best guess is that over time someone has taken the grille and chrome bits, but who knows? The picture I posted was tight to the car.....it actually is in the middle of a bunch of flowers, although they aren't in full bloom. It would be better with the car being bordered with flowers though.....you're right in that one. Here's a different angle:
To me, it's a waste of some decent RWA rear fenders. They could be fitted to a square fender car to allow a little bigger tire.
I'm sure the bottom of the tub is junk but I see decent front fenders, a windshield, maybe some useable front and rear suspension parts, rear axle, springs, etc. Might even have a decent head and grind-able crankshaft.
I wouldn't pay much for it, but I'd be happy to take it as is just for the spares it would yield.
If a car is to be tuned into a planter, I'd rather see it happen to a Hyundai, a Dodge K car or some such similar piece of c__p.
When I was a kid someone in Mantoloking (very, very nice area at the Jersey Shore) used a Willys MB Jeep as a planter in their very nice front lawn. That thing was a real landmark and was there for over 30 years. About 10 years ago, it was removed. I hope it came to a good end.
I think it could be an awesome planter... Not too big, not too small... But most places in the country I'm sure if it wasn't done perfectly, it might as well be on blocks in front of a trailer in other people's eyes.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.