Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My recollection is that it's smaller than 1/2; maybe 3/8 NPT (which is actually close to 1/2" in diameter, as NPT threads are sized by nominal inside diameter of the pipe, rather than outside diameter).
If thread doesn't match one of the taps or dies I have, I don't know how to tell what it is. But here's some more information from the plug that seems to fit in my TR3 oil pan -I think it's correct. I think pipe thread is tapered, as this is.
1/2 NPT would be 14 tpi, and measure .836" in the middle of the taper.
And your photos show exactly why I prefer to use "hex socket" plugs. MMC will sell you a nice magnetic, hex socket plug (turns with a 5/16" Allen wrench) that will never round off, for under $2.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.