• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Oh Brother !

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Hagerty is a classic car nut himself, he understands these cars and the work and money that goes into restoring them, I wouldn't use anyone else. I had a couple claims over the years and since I refuse to let anyone else work on my cars but me, they actually paid me the appropriate hourly rate to do the jobs myself, how many other companies would do that, none that I know of. Very nice people to talk to and work with. PJ

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Garbage company may want to settle out of pocket. Show them the estimate from Bugeye Guy and tell them you'll settle for 2/3rds of that and if you end up at 1/2 then you walk away with 6k for local repairs and they think they got off light.

nomad

Yoda
I hope the garbage company has State Farm! [Personal life long hatred!:mad:]

Kurt

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Ouch! So sorry to see that ! I hope it gets taken care of properly!

OP
histerical

histerical

Jedi Hopeful
Well... the ins. co. is sending me a check for $8K and I am fine with that. I'll fix it in the spring and I actually wanted to repaint the car anyway. I guess I'll need a DS door which would be a lot easier than shrinking the dent out of mine, so I'll be looking for one between now and then.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Assuming it's Hagerty that sent you the $8K check ... when I had my damage last year, Hagerty sent me a check for the estimate - and then kept sending checks to cover the additional work that was needed as the repairs proceeded. Great company.

Tom M.

OP
histerical

histerical

Jedi Hopeful
My company is Hagerty and they have been great. Also my Allstate agent ( who brokers(?) the policy) was also very willing to help. It turned out that it all went well and, aggravation and effort aside, I'll do it myself ( of course) and the $8K should cover it. Their agent did say that if I ran into other issues they'd send me supplements. On another note, I thought it was interesting that their appraiser placed the value of my Bugeye at $24,000. He said he did a lot of research . I guess I should up the agreed value with Hagerty.