Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Try the Roadster Factory - https://the-roadster-factory.com/ - they list a British-made Tex Door Mirror with the black body for 39.98 each side part # RFK 305 & RFK 306.
I sent the photo to TRF and asked if indeed this was a TEX mirror. He said it was, but that my car originally came with the bullet chrome style mirror. I wonder. Mine is CF 24688, which (I believe) is a pretty late model.
I'm not sure about TRF's answer to you. By 1974, door mirrors certainly were required, but they were NOT factory installed. The "bullet" mirror might well be the more common one fitted in the US, but I've see the Tex-style and others as well....
I removed the silly bullet mirrors from my TR6 (because they were impossible to see out of) and replaced them with winged TEX mirrors that came standard on the UK and European TR6. I like them much, much better and can see from both sides. I got mine from Moss-UK. You can actually go on the TEX website and see all their mirrors, even order from them direct, I think. Mine are the Viewmaster Springback models.
I sent the photo to TRF and asked if indeed this was a TEX mirror. He said it was, but that my car originally came with the bullet chrome style mirror. I wonder. Mine is CF 24688, which (I believe) is a pretty late model.
I thought the TEX mirrors used on TR's were pretty much flat on the back. That one looks like it has a shape extending from the back side of the mirror. The base doesn't look quite right either. Which is why I asked for a side shot.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.