• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

OCD rules, they're important...

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
and, toilet paper cascades over the top. hanging down in front. (Unless there are children less than 5 in the house because if they start spinning the roll with it hanging from the back it will roll tighter and not looser - most kids that age lack the coordination to swipe from bottom to top.)

Absolutely!!!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
But then it's also off when both are up :scared:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
To solve that,just turn them around (upside down).

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
In my wallet, the bills are stacked with larger bills in the back of the wallet and the ones in front. I don't like "surprises". I did notice that tellers give me the "new" Twenties upside down.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
In my wallet, the bills are stacked with larger bills in the back of the wallet and the ones in front. I don't like "surprises".

I thought everyone did that. :eek:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I thought everyone did that. :eek:

Mine is actually reversed. In part (I think) because in Canada we have dollar and 2 dollar coins - we are currently travelling in the USA and it is odd to see dollar bills again. (BTW it is even strange to see these little brown coins - pennies they are called - we got rid of ours a few years ago and it is so much better!)

Coming to the order of thing - the other reason (I think) is that for work I keep an envelope of receipts for tax purposes - I always put new receipts in the back so that the envelope is filled roughly chronologically.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Australia got rid of pennies (rounding to the nearest nickel many years ago). Smart move.
Interestingly, I think they still allow the use of pennies in pricing but everything is rounded up or down.
Seems silly we still have such things.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Foreigners also can't understand why the nickel is twice as large as a dime. "A page of history is worth a volume of logic".

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Australia got rid of pennies (rounding to the nearest nickel many years ago). Smart move.
Interestingly, I think they still allow the use of pennies in pricing but everything is rounded up or down.
Seems silly we still have such things.

we still calculate to the penny for debit or credit. but cash round up or down. One consequence is that when my daughter worked at Old Navy and counted the cash at the end of the night it never ever balanced to the penny.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
OCD can make life difficult for sufferers.
At one factory I worked at one of the supervisors suffered with OCD and could spend 10 minutes getting his car parked so it was exactly between the lines. To mess with him some employees would move his car with a forklift so it was at an angle to the lines. It probable did not help his OCD.

David

Basil

Administrator
Boss
OCD can make life difficult for sufferers.

David

Indeed - if it is severe enough it can be quite debilitating. I have had many family members in my NAMI Family to Family classes with loved one's with OCD and can really be a burden on a family.