• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Now this was a Project.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Incredible dedication!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Did it say just how long it took him to complete? My goodness, what an accomplishment! Beautifully done!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Did it say just how long it took him to complete? My goodness, what an accomplishment! Beautifully done!
It was mentioned in the video that it took eighteen years to complete.
Why doesn't it say "Experimental" on the fuselage?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Wow... and nearly 40,000 hours!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
In the video you can see that the EXPERIMENTAL designation is inside the side-opening canopy cover.
Thanks. I’ll go back and watch it again.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
If it helps, its most clearly visible around 3:20 into the video where he is getting into the plane.
Ok, I saw it; thanks.
I always thought it had to be on the fuselage so it’s visible all the time.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Ok, I saw it; thanks.
I always thought it had to be on the fuselage so it’s visible all the time.
FAR 45.23b states the word "EXPERIMENTAL" must be near the entrance to the cabin or cockpit in letters no smaller than 2" or no larger than 6". It can be inside or out as long as it's visible when entering the aircraft.

Last edited:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
FAR 45.23b states the word "EXPERIMENTAL" must be near the entrance to the cabin or cockpit in letters no smaller than 2" or no larger than 6". It can be inside or out as long as it's visible when entering the aircraft.
Thanks for clarifying that Paul.