• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Now realize what a deal I got with my TR3

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Has everything... and needs everything.

At least they seem to be pretty up front with the condition in those photos. It would take a very brave enthusiast to attempt to save that one.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
A guy I know just purchased two Triumph TR2 small mouth that look like they can be made to run, have been sitting for years. Paint is gone but much better shape than this one on ebay. He wants to sell both cars and an extra apron and fender, one extra engine and transmission for a total of $8500. Sounds like a better deal !
Jerry

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
"been in dry storage for the past 25 years" ...stored in Lake Michigan the prior 25 years.

Or Driven Hard and put up wet before the dry storage.

I have a long way to go on mine so I am not in the market for another project. Just scanning e bay when that advert caught my eye.

David

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
This is posted locally.....no pictures.

"not rusted out excellent body panels but body requires restoration perfect pit free frame good seats and chrome you will need new top carpet new windshield new rubbers along with other parts but parts that go with car are excellent which will save you lots of money in the long run can supply an o/d if required and a good selection of back up parts to help you through too getting the car finished such as engines trannies gauges etc etc solid wheel car with mint hubcaps .please email contact information and you will be contacted by phone to set up an appt. to view or answer any and all questions This car is and will be a top quality car when finished with not many tr3 that can compare in quality"

Sounds to me that it doesn't come with a lot of things including an engine and drivetrain....

Guess how much he is asking?

$13500.00

Don't think I will be calling any time soon.....

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I estimate it's about $5500 too high, but wait, it looks like the windshield is good; better make it 5400.
Tom

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Our local paper the Stamford Advocate has been running an ad for a TR4A for about 6 weeks now asking $20,499.50.
Wonder why no takers?

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
This is posted locally.....no pictures.

"not rusted out excellent body panels but body requires restoration perfect pit free frame good seats and chrome you will need new top carpet new windshield new rubbers along with other parts but parts that go with car are excellent which will save you lots of money in the long run can supply an o/d if required and a good selection of back up parts to help you through too getting the car finished such as engines trannies gauges etc etc solid wheel car with mint hubcaps .please email contact information and you will be contacted by phone to set up an appt. to view or answer any and all questions This car is and will be a top quality car when finished with not many tr3 that can compare in quality"

Sounds to me that it doesn't come with a lot of things including an engine and drivetrain....

Guess how much he is asking?

$13500.00

Don't think I will be calling any time soon.....

With Mint Hub Caps it looks like a bargain.

David

Country flag
Over on Triumph Experience, a a guy local to me said he was thinking maybe he would sell his TR3. Not ran in years, very little rust, he had started stripping paint. Needed everythind redone. I asked price, $19k. I haven't made plans to see it.
Marv

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
No more POS rust piles for me. Makes me sick even scrolling through the pics for this one...feel like I gotta hose down my computer now.